[Bug] Rooms "forget" or change their type

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

GigBuddy
level0

[Bug] Rooms "forget" or change their type

Postby GigBuddy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Version

Alpha 1

Save File Available

Upon request if you can provide an FTP server

Symptom

Save game file has been reloaded and some rooms change their type. Usually the most recently built.

Result

Cells change to "none"
Morgue changes to "none"

Earlier in the save I've also seen:

Offices change to cells
Canteen change to Holding cell
Others too but can't remember the type
Wussie
level0

Postby Wussie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:46 am

I've seen an Office turn into a kitchen and Showers into None as well; one was and the other wasn't the most recently built room.
Lemming
level0

Postby Lemming » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 am

Had offices turn to none.

While we're on room bugs, offices that have been claimed at some point can't be claimed by anyone new as well, have to redesignate the room
IactoSophos
level0

Example

Postby IactoSophos » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Yup, this is happening for me too, see the attached file (my first, really bad prison)

http://avidgeek.co.uk/pa/start01.prison[/url]
foregone96
level0

Postby foregone96 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:30 am

Same thing here.

Had cells go to kitchens, kitchens to cells, cells to none etc etc.
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:58 am

Same here, for me it happen also during a game without loading a file. It only affect my shower, canteen and kitchen.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 am

Kitchen seems to be the most frequent problem for me.
In prison, you get your own toilet. At work, you have to share.
bk237
level0

Postby bk237 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:52 am

I have this bug too, a Kitchen gets reassigned to None every time I load.
that_drifter
level0

Postby that_drifter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:41 pm

I've had kitchen change to cells and canteen change to none.
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm

I have seen this as well. My cells turned to none. I noticed it right away and chenged it back.

However as I was playing the alpha.prison that was uploaded to the wiki the canteen got changed and I didn't realize why my prisons were rioting about being hungry even though there was a place to eat :x

Edit: Found some and took a screen from the one uploaded to the wiki

From left to right it was changed to None, Kitchen, None, Kitchen, Morgue
gorse
level1
level1

Postby gorse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Yeah this is a real pain... have to check all rooms on a reload. Cells and kitchens seem to be the main culprit. Never had it happen to an office, for me...
jimmydorry
level0

Postby jimmydorry » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Mostly kitchens and cells for me.
Xill
level1
level1

Postby Xill » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:23 am

I have had this happen on me several times as well. It happens with the kitchen the most.
vyznev
level0

Postby vyznev » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 pm

I have a save file that seems to exhibit this consistently: whenever I open this save file, the canteen (large building south of the yard) turns into a random room type (seen so far: "none", cell, office). None of the other rooms seem to do this.

What may be relevant is that the canteen was originally the same size as the kitchen, and was expanded later by building a new adjacent building, removing the wall, designating the new area also as a canteen and letting the rooms merge. Perhaps it's this room merging that triggers the bug?

(In a previous prison, I had this happen to cells. However, that was before I'd figured out how to remove room designations, so whenever I made a mistake -- which is easy when designating lots of cells -- I'd just designate new rooms on top of the old ones. I suppose that involves the same code as room merging, so it might well also trigger the bug.)
gorse
level1
level1

Postby gorse » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 pm

I have a hunch this is responsible for some stuck prisoners, possibly in medical, possibly the "eternally needing a wee" prisoners that refuse to move.

In any case, de-assiging and reassigning broken rooms, and cells empty at sleepytime, back to cells again can cause guards to haul some stuck prisoners all of a sudden.

Warning: i have noticed moving lots of prisoners into cells at once can cause them to bash up their cells. They really dont like being in cells after a period of relative freedom. This also ties up a lot of guard time, so do 2 or 3 at once or whatever.

If cells are empty at sleep time, prisoners can only be (correct me where wrong);
- unconscious
- in a medi bed
- in solitary
- making their way to cell

I see a lot of cuffed prisoners around the place, these guys get fetched home upon resetting cells too. Not doing this soon enough can cause all kinds of problems as the prisoner's other needs build up into a massive backlog that snowballs as they tie up other resources upon being mobile again. Doing too much at once can cause problems too as they all try to satisfy boredom, family etc at once. Doing a little and often does help to keep your prison ticking over.

Return to “Community Members”