[Bug] Capacitors

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Volcanosf
level1
level1

[Bug] Capacitors

Postby Volcanosf » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm

In my current game I have 8 capacitors in the Power Station building, of which only three are build directly against the Power Station. The others are linked to the station but they are not taken into account by the game, which considers only three capacitors linked to the station.

Inkognito
level1
level1

Postby Inkognito » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Didn't the tutorial learn us that we have to build them at the main generator thing?
Volcanosf
level1
level1

Postby Volcanosf » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:00 pm

The tutorial shows a place to build the capacitors close to the power station, true, but neither the CEO or something else in the game says that the capacitors have to be placed absolutely against the station. And I don't see why it should absolutely be the case, as there are electric wires to connect them to the station. And you could notice too that in this tutorial the power station is in a room large enough to build many capacitors ;)
Belsameth
level0

Postby Belsameth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 am

I had this problem too.
For the capacitator to work it has to be build directly against the generator.

Interestingly I also tested adding a second generator but firing both up just shut em down again, it didn't doule my power. (Yes, the extra generator was also flanked with capacitors)
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:48 am

You can have more than one power station but you mustn't connect them together.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:53 am

Chris wrote:You can have more than one power station but you mustn't connect them together.

So who else is going to connect two power stations as soon as they next play PA?
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 am

Chris wrote:You can have more than one power station but you mustn't connect them together.

Noticed this myself - it causes it to trip.

Since it's difficult (not possible?) to remove wiring, it can be a pain if you accidentally join them up. I've found the best solution is to install a button and switch it off, to separate the grid.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:39 am

Ghostbusters style "don't cross the streams!"
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:03 pm

gsuberland wrote:

Noticed this myself - it causes it to trip.

Since it's difficult (not possible?) to remove wiring, it can be a pain if you accidentally join them up. I've found the best solution is to install a button and switch it off, to separate the grid.

You should be able to remove wiring with the delete utilities option. Its worked for me before at least. Just be aware that it deletes pipes as well, so any overlaid utilities will be removed entirely.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Andcarne wrote:You should be able to remove wiring with the delete utilities option. Its worked for me before at least. Just be aware that it deletes pipes as well, so any overlaid utilities will be removed entirely.

Tried it - the builder kept saying it was unreachable :(
In prison, you get your own toilet. At work, you have to share.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Must of been unreachable then.....under a wall or something maybe?
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Nope. Right in the middle of the yard, during a mealtime when no prisoners were anywhere near it. Perfectly safe, perfectly accessible. Refused to do it even after I moved a worker to it manually.
In prison, you get your own toilet. At work, you have to share.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Hmm I've never had a problem with removing utilites tbh
Belsameth
level0

Postby Belsameth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:17 pm

This seems unnecissary complex. Expecially since there's a limit on how many capacitors you can have per generator. Seeing how only the ones build against the generator actually work.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Belsameth wrote:

This seems unnecissary complex. Expecially since there's a limit on how many capacitors you can have per generator. Seeing how only the ones build against the generator actually work.

In what way is it overly complex? Just needs a little bit of thought to have different generators powering different parts of your prison.

Return to “Community Members”