[Bug]Door rules don't stop prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

juniperi
level1
level1

Postby juniperi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Eidelon wrote:As a note there is a pretty common bug where doors stick open sometimes permanently.

Now I've only seen doors 'everyone' can use glitch stuck open but it is quite feasible that doors designated as 'staff only' could well be getting stuck too. Can't say I've seen it firsthand but it could well be how there getting in places. Can anyone back this up or has no-one had it happen to them on staff doors?

I can confirm this. Doors gets stuck sometimes, staff doors too.
Harmonica
level1
level1

Postby Harmonica » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:56 am

Also related to doors it seems like once prisoners have pathed to a location they won't forget that pathing even if it's later unavailable. Most obviously seen with changing door types to 'staff only' on the route to yard/canteen. Removing the entire door/wall might work, can't say I've deliberately tested it.
delaneya
level0

Postby delaneya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 am

I have had an issue with workers walking through built walls. Only seen it once so far.
gorse
level1
level1

Postby gorse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:10 pm

I've seen a few causes of this:

1) Route-finding tailgating:

thetheaterimp wrote:I found that because their shortest path was to go through the staff only doors that they try to walk through them until it opens (cook or guard goes through) instead of walking around the longer way

I tend to move doors around to prevent this, esp with Kitchens.

2) Escape attempts

3) There's a bug that causes rooms to "forget" what type of rooms they are, in my games it affects Kitchens a lot. But there are still knives in there. Room ceases to be kitchen, lots of inmates rush in if they have "[dev] Need weapon". This in theory has nothing to do with the door settings, but I seen it happen.

4) Generally it seems that prisoners with very very severe needs will ignore the rules if what satisfies that need is on the other side of a door (e.g. prisoners sitting in comfy office chairs).
PerfectDeath
level1
level1

Postby PerfectDeath » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 pm

First, if food or something is dropped inside the door it will jam it open allowing prisoners to take as many shivs as they like; next the serving table can be climbed over so you may find prisoners climbing over the serving table to grab some shivs from the kitchen behind it.
It may be slower to do but it is safer to have the kitchen ans canteen separated by a few doors (double doors in case one is blocked).
Either that or invest in designing some funneling areas where you have metal detectors.
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 pm

I ran into this problem on my first prison. After meal time they would rush into the kitchen to get out and would get trapped until I fixed the door setting or someone else walks through it. Before I realized there was metal detectors I was trying the staff only to keep them out but as others pointed out if they want a knife door settings don't matter to them.

Return to “Community Members”