[Bug] Bureaucracy queue, foundation placement and arrivals

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Sedlex
level0

[Bug] Bureaucracy queue, foundation placement and arrivals

Postby Sedlex » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 am

(1) Building foundation placed on edge of map cannot be completed - edge wall is tagged as "inaccessible"

(2) Researching cleaner is frozen if research of nurse is launched at same time, but can run at the same time as research of accounting. One of these is a bug.

(3) As long as I have no guards, the prisoners I receive are all quite happy to wait about in the delivery area, wave after wave.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 am

Pretty sure 3 is intentional - if you don't bring them into the prison they'll just hang out there. Saves having problems when your first load arrives and you've not quite finished the first cell block yet.
Sedlex
level0

Postby Sedlex » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:35 pm

In that case, it would make more sense to have an "open prison" button to launch the place and receive the first delivery, instead of the first batch arriving at a fixed hour. Much like the "open park" button in theme park?
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Sedlex wrote:In that case, it would make more sense to have an "open prison" button to launch the place and receive the first delivery, instead of the first batch arriving at a fixed hour. Much like the "open park" button in theme park?

^ +1 on that. I remember TPI having exactly that feature, and it was really useful. They'd have to make it so you get zero income during that time, and normal operating income (i.e. for staff).
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 pm

+1
I guess you could then build a massive prison on the first day by taking all the grants.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Wasgood wrote:+1
I guess you could then build a massive prison on the first day by taking all the grants.

I'd argue that upgrades beyond the first tier shouldn't be available until you've opened the prison, so you can't just hit fast forward and get every upgrade.

Return to “Community Members”