[Brainstorming] Ideas to improve this awesome game.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Ric666 wrote:You clearly took to my initial comments WAY too offensively. It was not intended..

guess thats as close of an apology i will get, so i will take it...but please in the future no "fun" comments (at least not directed at me)
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Wed May 15, 2013 2:57 am

acegamer08 wrote:guess thats as close of an apology i will get, so i will take it...but please in the future no "fun" comments (at least not directed at me)

Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:39 am

acegamer08 wrote:
Ric666 wrote:but please in the future no "fun" comments (at least not directed at me)

No fun for you as you can't handle a wee joke. Noted.
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Ric666 wrote:
acegamer08 wrote:
Ric666 wrote:but please in the future no "fun" comments (at least not directed at me)

No fun for you as you can't handle a wee joke. Noted.

that was not a joke, it was an insult.

your idea of "jokes" and "fun" is somewhat flawed.
Spliffa
level1
level1

Postby Spliffa » Wed May 15, 2013 4:04 pm

acegamer08 wrote:guess thats as close of an apology i will get, so i will take it...but please in the future no "fun" comments (at least not directed at me)

Edit: I don't want to fuel the fire. Erased comment on above comment. It speaks for itself anyway.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 pm

acegamer08 wrote:your idea of "jokes" and "fun" is somewhat flawed.

*Hugs*

You seem to need one. :)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu May 16, 2013 3:37 am

Oh bugger... missed this argument too.

Anyway, I was just going to say that scaling the game/walking speed depending on the map size is entirely doable. In fact, it's been in the game since [roughly] alpha 3. I don't remember how they do it exactly, but I think it involves time vortexes and/or The Doctor.
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Thu May 16, 2013 3:38 pm

paktsardines wrote:The Doctor.

Robert Picardo? (Ah now wait, that doctor, the one from another sci-fi staple).

paktsardines wrote:In fact, it's been in the game since [roughly] alpha 3.

If that's true, there's even more incentive not to use any smaller areas than your computer can handle, even when building smaller prisons. While technically doable, I don't think it makes for a good game dynamic.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat May 18, 2013 4:18 am

Ah now wait, that doctor, the one from another sci-fi staple

Yep, that Doctor... Doctor Gaius Baltar.

If that's true, there's even more incentive not to use any smaller areas than your computer can handle

, I think the current implementation adjusts some scaling factor only if they've selected a large map. That is, it's not some function that scales as max(x) and max(y) increases, if you see what I mean.

So, yeah, time scaling could/should be turned off for smaller maps
polle
level1
level1

Postby polle » Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Bugs: prisenors should not try to clean in staff only or not reachable zones

Suggestions:
prisoner fall asleep during work
Dogs!! but they need to be in a kennel ;) always barking
vision trough windows ofc cctv/patrols
cook janitors are very weak they can die in two hits
docs are just stupid, when they want heal an inconscious max sec in his locked room

Prisoner
Prisoner should climb trees to jump over walls
they can cut off fences when they have equipment
they dig tunnels
Prisoners store contraband in cells (for escape, planned riots), so guards have to search for "regime"
Priseners will put generator offline and/or use lever for funtimes
Priseners kidnap civlians
some Priseners will group up for conspirancy ;) and meet in free time on yard or other places..
I have sprinkler, can i have fire?

pathing:
Jail doors should have pathing penalty to staff only.
Underground supply tunnels for staff only, they may find an escape tunnel ;)

Bugs:
Workshop
Can be build outside (probably not a bug)
license plates have a bad stacking in different size and block movement
long time working force dozens of supplys trucks blocking the entry of your delivery zone.

+cctv placed on lights dont get energy

The laundry basket placement is bad for the guards next to it + no way to send/dump it..

No way to chain off prisenors, I have some in the holding cell doing absolut nothing, but actually i cant afford more cells to unchain them

performance in large games drops after some time.
Changing gamespeed to fast in large games produce further lags, even sound lags (horrible).
With a quick save/load all works fine

when 2 generators connect they will shut down
funbonus: they should turn into fire and totally ruin a players budget

Well what todo with very strange prisenors, i have "Ian Bathazor" he cost me thousend bucks daily demolish all his inventory. I dismantled his bed + toilet so he starts vandalism in other rooms and cause huge punchfests. I observe him all the time, i wanted to put him in a solitary, but the guards only free him in his own. Always in circles.. sometimes i knock him 2 times the hour inconcscious...
But when he is working, he is friendly to everyone latly he cleaned up the wardens office ;)
We need something to assign such strange people to special rooms maybe a stronger penalty system in solitary or a "disneyland cell" to make his stats acceptable for a while.
BJKraemer
level0

Postby BJKraemer » Sun May 19, 2013 6:22 pm

Hello everybody,

this is my first post here. English is not my native language, so please excuse mistakes. I have read a few post in this topic but I didn't find the wish for more room. I mean, that I don't know a prison that only has one floor. It could be great if this would be possible. We need stairs, or maybe elevators. I know that this is not an easy wish but I am sure that the gameexpirience will grow a lot. The implementation of stockbeeds is an alternative for more prisoners on equal room. Only Singlecells in a Prison looks like a hotel for me :)

Another suggestion is a prisoner-layout. Where I can define, which prisoner occupied a specific cell. That could bring the option, that prisoners with to different personalaties, are not in a same cell (avoiding conflicts).

One more suggestion is the possibility for defining groops of prisoners an the option to make different timetables for them, not only for cellblocks. That would bring more managing-options.

The last one is, pause time for the staff, ending worktime for them and a change of shifts including the safety and managing challanges.

Maybe something is possible.
Thanks for the game so far and kind regards from Germany
BJKraemer
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Sun May 19, 2013 8:55 pm

BJKraemer wrote:I mean, that I don't know a prison that only has one floor.

From what I've heard others say on the forum, they aren't planning to add multiple floors to the game (and actively spoke out against it). I personally don't see it adding much to the game, while it will make sure it will need an interface which is probably (slightly) complicated and it means you can no longer look at the entire prison at once. The biggest thing to prove here is that it actually adds something positive to the game (and being more realistic isn't enough to justify the disadvantages).
BIGT1ME
level1
level1

Postby BIGT1ME » Sun May 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Fiohnel wrote:The game is made with UK / US prison in mind, where prisoner's human rights is kind of big deal. If Introversion is willing to delve further into more murky territory, then make it possible to have a scenario of prison in third world or warzone, where denial of human rights, torture, and heavy-handed wardenship is common.

Another potential room to explore is to add diversity to the prisoner type, or more specific prison type. For example underage prisoner, woman prisoner, gay prisoner, VIP / political prisoner, mentally ill or physically sick prisoner that can infect others. Specific prison type is scenario of prison dedicated to any of those type of prisoners.

I could push further with request for simulated prison rape or racist behavior but that's nuclear bomb. I don't think anyone would dare to go to that direction.

3rd world country mod ftw

Return to “Community Members”