[Brainstorming] Ideas to improve this awesome game.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Obit
level0

Postby Obit » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:27 pm

A basketball court in the yard! :D
liamdawe
level0

Postby liamdawe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:52 pm

- Zoom to cursor + 1, so annoying having to scroll and then zoom.

- A sandbox mode with unlimited money and definable parameters + 1, much needed! I constantly mess up sizes and foundation is expensive and ruins it for me personally.
thekev506
level1
level1

Postby thekev506 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Obit wrote:A basketball court in the yard! :D

+1!!!
KachoOji
level0

Postby KachoOji » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 pm

liamdawe wrote:- Zoom to cursor + 1, so annoying having to scroll and then zoom.

+1.

Also when you're over a list with your mouse, scroll the list and not the underlying map.

Ability to DISABLE:
- Random events (power failure etc.)
- Natural disasters

Or only have them in storymode, or when you play "die hard" mode or something.

I really hated these in SimCity...

PS: As for all the options/behaviours, let's keep it light and fluffy, but not too politically correct please...
Eg. it's a sim so you should be able to mess up (big time).[/list]
Aidy
level0

Postby Aidy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Maybe mistreatment of prisoners (i.e. failure to provide basic needs like a proper canteen, shower room, beds, water etc..) could add penalty points for abusing their Human rights, perhaps say 10 added every 2 days? (if the player still hasn't provided the prisoners with the missing basics). Judging by the look of the game it's set in a 1st world country so Human rights would be present, right?
StevoIRL
level0

Postby StevoIRL » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Mouse drag to move around would be great too.
Bradleykins
level0

Postby Bradleykins » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Lawyers - can change prisoner behaviours (bad news etc)
Visting Room
Drugs
congical visits
Corruption (bad morality in guards / employees) could have a beurcratic lockdown take place where the
Work gangs - like going out to work on local areas
day release - prisoners being able to leave and come back
school visits - scared straight etc
media groups visting for documentarys
hostage moments??
transfers to other prisons - possibly show names of prisons aloow naming and you can get incoming prisoner transfers from other saved games??
Other forms of execution - lethal injection drugs
library for cons
rehab classes
entertainment for the mass crowds in low sec
basketballs
protestors outside when you do build a lethal device
psychological prisoners (where the are in a psych ward) with nurses and orderly's
pen pals
death by old age / natural causes (heartattacks etc when a riot happens or fires)
the informers (people telling gaurds about bad stuff)
labor camps where the prison is a mine.

I am sure i can come up with more :S

Edit:

Pre saved rooms, when you have created a room you hav it as a standard able to load it as your default, with stuff in already.
Auto Room Build - like sims where they pressed ctrl and the room would build 4 walls automatically...
allinlabs
level0

Postby allinlabs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 am

Bradleykins wrote:Lawyers - can change prisoner behaviours (bad news etc)
Visting Room
Drugs
congical visits
Corruption (bad morality in guards / employees) could have a beurcratic lockdown take place where the

Man, I have to say I love your list ! I would like to have every of this things in the game already.
ChocolateWaffle
level0

Postby ChocolateWaffle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 am

I got the game today and really enjoy it so far :D

Here's a list of some features that came to my mind while playing:
-Visitor Center (prisoners get scheduled an hour to visit their relatives and increase happiness)
-Scheduled events: ability to schedule events/days to entertain your prisoners, movie night, some kind of sport match at the yard, etc.
-Maintenance (showers and toilets clog/break and leak, lightbulbs die and need replacement, etc)
-Weather (rain makes inmates unhappy/unwilling to go outside, storms may cause a power outage, maybe even snowing and immates start making snowmen at the yard)
-Smuggling: related to Visitor Center, sometimes "friends" may give prisoners stuff from outside they hide/trade/save for an escape plan, etc.
-Free days: you may let a prisoner go outside for a day (maybe accompained by a guard to make sure he doesn't escape, makes him very happy but there's a chance he escapes and your security is lower with 1 less guard)
-More food: this may sound silly, but they are always eating potatoes, veggies or bacon, maybe there could be snacks or ice cream?
-Rehab/Prisoner Work: I know workshop is a WIP feature, but would be interesting if some prisoners developed skills to help at the kitchen, hauling stuff or even building (slower than paid staff of course and at your own risk of them escaping or stealing)
-Maybe an extensive Likes/Dislikes system you can monitor, so if a prisoner likes reading you may want to set a library or put a bookcase in his cell, or what foods they like (if food variety/ordering/menu schedule is implemented)
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:34 am

Bradleykins wrote:Lawyers - can change prisoner behaviours (bad news etc)
Visting Room
Drugs
congical visits
Work gangs - like going out to work on local areas
day release - prisoners being able to leave and come back
school visits - scared straight etc
media groups visting for documentarys
hostage moments??
transfers to other prisons - possibly show names of prisons aloow naming and you can get incoming prisoner transfers from other saved games??
Other forms of execution - lethal injection drugs
library for cons
rehab classes
entertainment for the mass crowds in low sec
basketballs
protestors outside when you do build a lethal device
psychological prisoners (where the are in a psych ward) with nurses and orderly's
pen pals
death by old age / natural causes (heartattacks etc when a riot happens or fires)
the informers (people telling gaurds about bad stuff)
labor camps where the prison is a mine.

I am sure i can come up with more :S

Edit:

Pre saved rooms, when you have created a room you hav it as a standard able to load it as your default, with stuff in already.
Auto Room Build - like sims where they pressed ctrl and the room would build 4 walls automatically...
This, this, all kinds of this.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
VPope
level0

Prisoner schedule by Cell Block

Postby VPope » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 am

A simple idea not sure how hard it would be to implement (probably a tall order)

I would like to make better use of the schedule system by setting different times for say showering or eating per cell block. This would allow players to stagger inmates entering for example the shower blocks (aka. the fight club hall) effectively managing the flow of inmates in a more controllable way.
Redman
level0

Postby Redman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Instead of prisoners being dropped off at the "deliveries" bay, maybe add one that is dedicated for prisoners? Perhaps a "processing room" they wait in until they are brought to a cell/holding cell?
flatlander
level1
level1

Postby flatlander » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Guard dogs... in two varieties.

The standard dog + guard team. If the terrain was extended a bit you could have the team hunting down escapees. The dog could effectively extend the awareness area of the guard.

Drug/contraband detecting dogs which could be used to search cells to find things like... well... drugs, stills, etc.
HarryG321
level0

Postby HarryG321 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Two storey cell blocks would be pretty awesome, but I guess it doesn't really match the game's style.
slitka
level0

Postby slitka » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:46 pm

How about prisoners that can die from starvation. Right now my only incentive for feeding them is so they don't get mad.

Return to “Community Members”