How do you calm homesick prisoners?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

gsuberland
level2
level2

How do you calm homesick prisoners?

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 am

I find that the #1 complaint of my prisoners is that they're homesick. They keep banging on about it and it's giving me a damn headache!

I tried installing telephones (I figured they might call home) but it didn't help.
UsF
level1
level1

Postby UsF » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 am

Just a thought, but are the phones part of your yard area? I think that is the way how they are being used, but not sure on that one.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 am

Haven't tried that. I put them in the holding cells and common rooms. I'll give the yard a go tonight.
Springare
level1
level1

Postby Springare » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 am

Yep, putting the phones in the yard works, but make sure you have enough phones or some will wait all day to call mommy and will still get angry.
xenxander
level1
level1

Postby xenxander » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 pm

They also go into common rooms to make phonecalls during their 'free time'.

If you don't have enough free time scheduled for all inmates to use the phone who want to, it causes some problems.

I've also never seen then use phones in my cell block building. It's always and only in the common room or yard.

I have two pones at the end of the passage (two block wide walkway) in the cell block room and never do they use them.

Return to “Community Members”