[bug] Guards overprioritize new arrivals

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

DonGonzo
level1
level1

[bug] Guards overprioritize new arrivals

Postby DonGonzo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:29 am

Description:
Guards seems to put accepting new prisoners at the top of their work queue, regardless of what else may be going on.

To Repeat:
Have a bunch of angry [rioty] prisoners right around the time of new arrivals. This could involve hunger, filth, boredom or any combination.

Expected Behavior:
The guards should set their nightsticks on "whomp" and quell the dissenters before they go to process new arrivals.
At the very least one guard should stay to guard inmates while the others go process prisoners-- they seem to get more bold [read: violent] in the absence of guards.

Actual Behavior:
Inmates can be stabbing, punching, bludgeoning etc. one another in the shower room, on lockdown, and the guards will leave to process new prisoners.
xenxander
level1
level1

Postby xenxander » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 pm

I have just the opposite problem.
My guards are ignoring new arrivals and they just mill about in the delivery zone, while the guards go about their normal business.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:19 pm

could this be to do with the number of guards you employ? The game doesn't differentiate between guards that are in a riot compared to guards that are nowhere near when it assigns jobs to them. Perhaps if you have fewer guards they focus on the riot, and if you have many guards it just assigns any guard to process the new inmates - resulting in the rioters being left to kill one another...

How many guards do you both have?
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:01 pm

I had prisoners in the shower start a right seconds after the 3 guards I had posted in there ran off to bring the fresh meat inside. Just about everybody was injured by the time the guards got the new arrivals in and back to the shower. :x

Return to “Community Members”