[BUG] Water pipes cant be built beneath walls

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 am

BaggyMcRae wrote:Surely the most sensible solution is the middle ground.....

I've been thinking something similar - increased build time under walls. Gives an idea of the extra work involved without having to do each step yourself.
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 pm

increased time could work... but it could also make the floor/wall collapse and kill all occupants inside?

i think the game mechanic is fine as it is, its realistic, you need to plan electricity, and water and sewerage before you build a house....

i would hope.
stephenarcher0
level1
level1

Postby stephenarcher0 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't mind it, you can simply get around it by either continuing building a large pipe and just build a small pipe under the wall (connecting the two larger pipes).
Or destroy the wall, build a large pipe, then rebuild the wall.
I haven't really seen this as an issue.
Arclight_Dynamo
level1
level1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:47 pm

motoryogurt wrote:Given that you can in fact still place the large pipe after the building by way of wall removal/replacement, there really is no reason to prevent players from laying large pipe automatically under building walls.

And that, for me, really is the end of the discussion.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 pm

I think it would be better if you couldn't build any pipes after the building is completed, force people to plan ahead with them.
petewilko
level0

Postby petewilko » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 pm

-1 to keeping the current pipe implementation - it adds a pain point that at worst costs you a minimal amount of extra cash. As for the planning ahead argument - if you go that route, then you should also not allow large pipes through doors, or any existing foundation for that matter.

If you were going to go the route of making people plan ahead with pipe laying - you'd need some form of pressure overlay so people could plan ahead without guessing - e.g. show a radius around the large pipe where small pipes would be effective.

Return to “Community Members”