[Bug] Medical Beds trap prisoners, staff

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Magos
level0

[Bug] Medical Beds trap prisoners, staff

Postby Magos » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 pm

After building a Medical Ward I find that a large proportion of those using its services are trapped in the bed after being healed. Both prisoners and guards seem to stop simulating completely when this occurs. Giving ordes to search prisoners creates a job which is never completed. Prisoners who run into this do not seem to relinquish their assigned Cell, or at least, I find my Holding Cell overflows while I still have many Cells unused after this has started happening. It does not seem to "occupy" the bed, as I've seen multiple people stuck on the same bed once.

(System is Windows 7 64 bit)
zeroZshadow
level1
level1

Postby zeroZshadow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:21 pm

I've also seen this every round i've played (including the example prison from chris)
Also on a rare occasion this happens at the canteen at the serving table, if you then search the subject thats "stuck" they sometimes get shoved into the wall
justicefornone
level0

Postby justicefornone » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:06 am

As above (x2!) and also on Windows 7 - 64 bit.

Perhaps it is something to do with being a 64 bit OS? Any 32 bit folks have this happen too?
DarkLord7854
level0

Postby DarkLord7854 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:16 am

All my inmates are stuck in the canteen and hospital beds.. it's somewhat amusing. I've tried deconstructing the walls, but they just mope around idling, guards ignore them and they don't move
DonGonzo
level1
level1

Postby DonGonzo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:41 am

Also on Win7 x64 and have seen this behavior. It happened for me in the Canteen when I searched a prisoner right when he was preparing to eat.

Now, he just stays right where I searched him-- doesn't ever move, or get angry. Tried searching him again a day or two after getting him stuck with no effect.
Dahitman
level0

Postby Dahitman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:21 am

Same here, I'm beginning to think this is a known bug by now.
Behrditz
level1
level1

Postby Behrditz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 am

You know whats funny? Dwarf Fortress has this same bug sometimes.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:15 am

I've found the solution to this is to manually get the doctor to heal them all, then click on the prisoners and transfer them to holding cells. Once that's done, the other staff tend to leave.
thisisgil
level1
level1

Postby thisisgil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 am

gsuberland wrote:I've found the solution to this is to manually get the doctor to heal them all, then click on the prisoners and transfer them to holding cells. Once that's done, the other staff tend to leave.

How do you do this? I had four injured prisoners who just sat around doing nothing - not even eating. I clicked the doctor thinking I could send her over to heal them, but the only option I had was "sack".
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 am

Click on the doctor, then right click on the actor you wish to heal.

Right click works as an action button on most actors (move, detain, clean, transfer prisoner, etc.)
Springare
level1
level1

Postby Springare » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am

gsuberland wrote:Click on the doctor, then right click on the actor you wish to heal.

Right click works as an action button on most actors (move, detain, clean, transfer prisoner, etc.)

You saved many lives today... more or less.

This evens works for every prisoner that is lying around doing nothing (i got some of that type in my shower and cantina).
meilevv
level0

Postby meilevv » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:59 pm

I had this happen too. Seems to be a case of the prisoner still being assigned a cell but getting 'Stuck'. If u reassign ur cells to solitary and then back to normal Ur guards will re-assign prisoners including those that are 'stuck'. Takes a while and is a pain but U can get them all back to normal. Oh and when they get put in a cell and reset their needs are all full. So they usually end up soiling themselves and then falling alseep!
computerfreaked
level0

Postby computerfreaked » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:31 pm

DonGonzo wrote:Also on Win7 x64 and have seen this behavior. It happened for me in the Canteen when I searched a prisoner right when he was preparing to eat.

Now, he just stays right where I searched him-- doesn't ever move, or get angry. Tried searching him again a day or two after getting him stuck with no effect.

I have winXP 32 bit and also have the same problem...
Treehugga
level0

Postby Treehugga » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:38 pm

you don't need to heal them, just select them and move them into a cell, or even the holding cell.

this is the biggest bug in my opinion and is really aggravating me when I have upwards of 10 prisoners stuck in the medical ward.
randommonicle
level1
level1

Postby randommonicle » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Confirming also seeing this bug on my x64 system.

Return to “Community Members”