Prisoners don't flip out enough.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

SuperConductiveRabbi
level1
level1

Prisoners don't flip out enough.

Postby SuperConductiveRabbi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:41 pm

I've locked all 49 of my prisoners in windowless, doorless rooms. They're completely entombed without electricity, running water, food, or air. Despite this, I've set to see one prisoner kill another! They mostly just stand there, as if they're confused. Sometimes there's a fight, and there's a constant alarm sound, even though nothing is really happening. They don't appear to starve to death or anything.

If I had done this to even a single dwarf in Dwarf Fortress there'd have been serious repercussions.

Also, to preemptively answer the most obvious question: because I can.
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm

The alarm is on because YOUR A KILLER !!!!!!!! :D
SuperConductiveRabbi
level1
level1

Postby SuperConductiveRabbi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I wish. No one has died! :( A few people are unconscious and a couple are homesick. I've seriously caused more mayhem in Roller Coaster Tycoon than Prison Architect!
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:56 am

think there will be coming a whole lot more of this as the game goes on in development.

I mean i hope to see stuff happen for that.

But also that prisoners try to tunnel out, digg out, somehow escape. It should be made so that can happen.

Then ofcourse we need disasters like earth quakes, power failures, heavy rain that causes floods, snow, you name it. there needs to be a lot of emergencies and risks, it does get a tad toll atm . but alpha is alpha :D

maybe inmates could bribe your guards to help them escape or whatever. i feel like there is a lot of options. i could even seeing someone in a trunk ramming your walls and then prisoners running out of your yards, stuff like that.
askiba
level1
level1

Postby askiba » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 am

RMJ1984 wrote:But also that prisoners try to tunnel out, digg out, somehow escape. It should be made so that can happen.

Then ofcourse we need disasters like earth quakes, power failures, heavy rain that causes floods, snow, you name it. there needs to be a lot of emergencies and risks, it does get a tad toll atm ..

Let me go on record and say I love this. Once you've built your prison... keep it together!
Uber_Hobo
level0

Postby Uber_Hobo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:31 am

You must be doing some funny stuff to the AI because I never get many more than a few waves of fresh meat and I can't get them to keep their hands off each other.
DonGonzo
level1
level1

Postby DonGonzo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 am

Uber_Hobo wrote:You must be doing some funny stuff to the AI because I never get many more than a few waves of fresh meat and I can't get them to keep their hands off each other.

Second.

If I don't work very fast they begin stabbing one another within a day.
Ada
level1
level1

Postby Ada » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:31 am

RMJ1984 wrote:think there will be coming a whole lot more of this as the game goes on in development.

I mean i hope to see stuff happen for that.

But also that prisoners try to tunnel out, digg out, somehow escape. It should be made so that can happen.

Then ofcourse we need disasters like earth quakes, power failures, heavy rain that causes floods, snow, you name it. there needs to be a lot of emergencies and risks, it does get a tad toll atm . but alpha is alpha :D

maybe inmates could bribe your guards to help them escape or whatever. i feel like there is a lot of options. i could even seeing someone in a trunk ramming your walls and then prisoners running out of your yards, stuff like that.

To make disasters grek fit för the game would require Way tio much devtime. I would definately ser other stuff first. Such as improvement to AI för gyards
Meethique
level1
level1

Postby Meethique » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:37 am

I also think that prisoners are not enough 'unmanageable'.
After a few hours, I did not see a single fight between inmates nor guards.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 am

Seems opinions are divided. Maybe this could be a tweakable option, where you select the level of prisoner insanity?

Another interesting idea would be troublemakers - randomly selected newcomers who always cause trouble regularly regardless of their happiness levels. Maybe not every single day - that'd be annoying - just every 2 to 3 days they start a fight.

Return to “Community Members”