[Suggestion] Overly Graphic Story Images

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:23 pm

ryacko wrote:wait wait...

how do you see these polaroids?

I posted all of the ones not in the campaign in the general forum.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Disc10
level1
level1

Postby Disc10 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Seigaku wrote:there should be a "parental control" option to limit adult content, done.

This is what I take issue with, some games just AREN'T for kids, period. Having read a good chunk of the interviews and such about the game, they're going for a similar tone to Defcon, fucking miserable. :P Why should development time, even a small amount of it, be taken away to cater to a crowd that this game was never aimed at, or to cater to idiot parents who can't keep an eye on what their kids have access to.

And before I hear cries of "you can't control what your kids see", yes you bloody well can if you actually get off your arse and take an active role in your kids viewing habits. Mine bloody managed it with both me and still do with my siblings. :P
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:25 pm

More boobies required!!!

(yes, immature I know....i'm bored at work, give me a break)
gmyx
level1
level1

Postby gmyx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:41 pm

I don't mind the adult nature of the game, in fact I love it. It is well done and shocking which is what they want. Having said that, I hope there will be an option (other than the mod) where the Polaroids / picture can be made more family friendly.

Other than the cutscenes, I don't see any reason not to let my children see / play this game. My 7 year old son loves the complex (to him) management and automation of the game. He understands what prisons are and that people will fight - turn on the TV and you will see violence (Bugs Bunny anyone?).

My role is not to shield him from this. My role is to educate him about what is acceptable and what is not and how to deal with it. He understands (and has first hand experience) that fighting, bulling etc is bad. Will him seeing a bunch of cartoon prisoners beat themselves up harm him? How about other games like Mario / Sonic / Platformers?

I don't think so. Again, we talk about what we see. In his short life he has seen and experienced plenty of difficult situations. He is aware of the crap out there (Aurora and such) and life is much worst that this game.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. My son has not seen the cutscene as it's clearly not appropriate for him.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 pm

gmyx wrote:I don't mind the adult nature of the game, in fact I love it. It is well done and shocking which is what they want. Having said that, I hope there will be an option (other than the mod) where the Polaroids / picture can be made more family friendly.

Other than the cutscenes, I don't see any reason not to let my children see / play this game. My 7 year old son loves the complex (to him) management and automation of the game. He understands what prisons are and that people will fight - turn on the TV and you will see violence (Bugs Bunny anyone?).

My role is not to shield him from this. My role is to educate him about what is acceptable and what is not and how to deal with it. He understands (and has first hand experience) that fighting, bulling etc is bad. Will him seeing a bunch of cartoon prisoners beat themselves up harm him? How about other games like Mario / Sonic / Platformers?

I don't think so. Again, we talk about what we see. In his short life he has seen and experienced plenty of difficult situations. He is aware of the crap out there (Aurora and such) and life is much worst that this game.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. My son has not seen the cutscene as it's clearly not appropriate for him.

the point is proven here..
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT PLAY/BUY IT!
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Collic001
level2
level2

Postby Collic001 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am

Well, I would just like to add (I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know what the general conseus is) please don't tone down the adult nature of the story polaroids. I think they should stay as they are.

The tone is perfect. They should be dark, gritty and adult in order to constrast with the visual style of the rest of the game. Shying away from this concept (I'm sure that constrast is intended) would be a bad move. Stick to your guns. The current approach is just how it should be.
Toast_Burner
level1
level1

Postby Toast_Burner » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Overly graphic? All their private parts are covered up. What's your concern, if you see a naked man you'll turn gay?
It's a game about prison. A lot of people in prison are in there for raping and murdering people, why would you expect it not to be slightly graphic?
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Jesus, can a Moderator finally shut this stupid thread down? :roll:
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Daimaju wrote:Jesus, can a Moderator finally shut this stupid thread down? :roll:

Better here than everywhere else on the forum.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
EatBox420
level0

Postby EatBox420 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:26 am

Or was it that you've been cheated on too, and it just made you feel sad for the guy/a little sick?
That was how i felt anyway...

I think the brutality is a little necessary. it reminds you that you aren't housing cute little sprites with rayman hands.

Return to “Community Members”