Bug tracking software?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

catdevnull
level1
level1

Bug tracking software?

Postby catdevnull » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Hey Chris & Mark,

It's going to get very very messy in this forum as people report bugs in various posts and ways.

Would it be worth setting up a bug reporting system or using Get Satisfaction or similar?

Just a thought! Also you might need some community admins for that kind of thing? ;-)

catdevnull
askiba
level1
level1

Postby askiba » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I agree. I have piles of bugs on my hands, and I don't wanna throw them down here in a disorganized pile, or simply email you guys. I think it would be better to have a public tracking of bugs, that way at least 100 people don't report "WHERE'S THE MONEY!?" in an email to the devs.
ellbristow
level1
level1

Postby ellbristow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 pm

*ahem* Bugzilla *ahem*
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:21 am

I can't speak for IV, but from past tests I can tell you a forum turned out to serve just fine. Of course it would be nice if people use a proper descriptive method of reporting their bugs and features instead of opening tons of topics titled "Bug". ;)

Not saying I oppose a tracker, but more that it's not such a big disaster as it might seem to be that we are stuck with a forum for the reports.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams

Return to “Community Members”