PA Wiki: Downloads, documentation etc.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

jelco
level5
level5

PA Wiki: Downloads, documentation etc.

Postby jelco » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Just in case anyone ever forgets the address, here's a sticky to make you find your way back. The Wiki is the official source for every build, documentation with regards to the game mechanics and interface, technical options and some tips from the IV team. You can find it here:

http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/index.php/Main_Page

Jelco
RJackson
level0

Postby RJackson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey there.

I'm the admin of the Dota 2 Wiki, founder of The Portal Wiki, and moderator of the TF2 Wiki; and I'd love to help you guys improve the Wiki.

Is there anybody with admin permissions on the Wiki that I can contact (IRC/Skype/Google Talk) to implement / improve admin-level changes quickly? Examples of these changes would be modifying MediaWiki:Common.css (site-wide CSS), modifying the Wiki's sidebar / other site-wide messages, or simply protecting pages that don't need to be modified (e.g. Template:Ambox).

- RJackson
askiba
level1
level1

Postby askiba » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 am

I've been having some wild fun editing the wiki and bringing it up to speed with the current Alpha. Same name on there as here. Get on it, everyone!
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Added a tips page, and made some additions to the known issues page. Will add more later :)
Ogger
level0

Pictures?

Postby Ogger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Is there somewhere we can get the art for the various objects to put on each one's page?
a__gun
level3
level3

Re: Pictures?

Postby a__gun » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:47 am

Ogger wrote:Is there somewhere we can get the art for the various objects to put on each one's page?

The .dat files containing all the resources can be opened by any archive program. They are probably just renamed .rar files or similar.
askiba
level1
level1

Postby askiba » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 am

We've been doing screenshots so far. So if someone can write a standardized way to get those files (and have them produce transparent and useable wiki art) we'd appreciate it.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:38 am

askiba wrote:We've been doing screenshots so far. So if someone can write a standardized way to get those files (and have them produce transparent and useable wiki art) we'd appreciate it.

Copy main.dat
Rename to main.rar
Extract
motoryogurt
level1
level1

Postby motoryogurt » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

First time working on a wiki, just been gettin my feet wet a little, good fun, feel like I'm actually contributing a little bit.
Molano
level1
level1

Postby Molano » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm

The wiki neeeds a auto-login option. Right now i have to login every time im visiting it.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Molano wrote:The wiki neeeds a auto-login option. Right now i have to login every time im visiting it.

That's your browser configuration, not the Wiki.
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 am

I've worked at the wiki too the last few days and a real challenge are the missing templates. It would be great if the standard templates would be imported, because copy and paste them from mediawiki is very complex, because there are so man sub templates...
reedy
level1
level1

Postby reedy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Chad wrote:I've worked at the wiki too the last few days and a real challenge are the missing templates. It would be great if the standard templates would be imported, because copy and paste them from mediawiki is very complex, because there are so man sub templates...

There's no such thing as "standard templates"... Just ones that seem to get exported, modified and breed like rabbits.

If you want to export any templates, and any/all sub templates, visit Special:Export on the wiki you want to get it from, add Template:Foo to the big text box, make sure "Include templates" is checked and press export. Visit Special:Import on the other wiki, select file, upload. Profit.

Though, Import needs to be enabled for registered users, which it currently isn't.

I was going to import pages from the Help namespace, but can't currently

On a related note, an old version of SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi seems to be in use, from a SVN checkout. MediaWiki 1.19.2 itself was released from Git, and it'd be worth using a checkout of the git version [1]

[1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p ... _GeSHi.git

motoryogurt wrote:First time working on a wiki, just been gettin my feet wet a little, good fun, feel like I'm actually contributing a little bit.

You do realise you can edit Wikipedia, right? :p
mizipzor
level1
level1

Postby mizipzor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am

Chad wrote:I've worked at the wiki too the last few days and a real challenge are the missing templates. It would be great if the standard templates would be imported, because copy and paste them from mediawiki is very complex, because there are so man sub templates...

Templates are not that hard to create. Which ones are you missing?
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:18 pm

I've noticed that the wiki runs real slow the last few days, can anyone confirm that?

Return to “Community Members”