General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Prison Architect Forums Now Migrated to Paradox Plaza

Postby John » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:50 am

Greetings inmates!

On March 4th the Prison Architect forums will be locked and set to read-only mode as we are migrating to Paradox Interactive following their
purchase of the IP. We will no longer be involved in Prison Architect and Paradox Interactive will be taking over all aspects of the game including
forums and support. So, what does this mean for you, our beloved customer?

1. You will need to register a new account at Paradox Interactives forum. This means that all your posting history, achievements etc earned on
our forum will not be transfered over. This is not ideal, we know, but unfortunately migrating the forum accounts proved to be more intricate
than anticipated (due to a variety of things such as the forum software being different) and we decided that it would be better for customers
to do the migration on their own.

2. Your current name may be taken on the Paradox Interactive forum and if this is the case you will need to pick a new one. A name already in
use cannot be freed up.

3. Our forum will remain for another 30 days but in read-only mode, this way you can copy over any threads that you want to keep to the
Paradox Interactive forum.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your time, dedication and commitment to our forums, you are all awesome!
BadAim
level0

Re: Prison Architect Forums Migration

Postby BadAim » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:11 pm

I asked this everywhere already (Twitter AMA, Paradox forum etc.) and still no reply.
What about the PA wiki guys? I was planning on updating some of the stuff and adding some new things once I have more time and I don't know if it's worth of it.
Are you going to keep hosting it or give it to Paradox? I noticed they have wikis for their games so I am guessing that's what's going to happen?

Edit: Also, one more thing about shutting it down. I was not an active member of this forum (was just checking, looking for information) but when I look at the number of posts and threads, I think it will be a shame to make it inaccessible (I assume you'll keep it for mods, yourself only). Even after all those years, there's a lot of useful information, tips etc. Wiki links to this place as well. Archiving it and adding a notification with a link to new Paradox forum would be much better option imo.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:10 am

What happens to the rest of these forums? I was under the impression that this was the INTROVERSION forum rather than the Prison Architect forum? PA, after all its success, still isn't even the biggest part of the forums, that crown still belongs to Uplink.

Will the rest of the forum remain or will it simply be switched off for good? As a suggestion, you could replace the PA section with a placeholder, meant for your next game.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:15 am

Hi there,

I posted this announcement as a global announcement which means it appears in all forums of the board. That being said, only the Prison Architect forums will become read-only on the 4th of March. The rest of the forums will remain as they are.

The wiki is a valuable and high quality resource. We are working on a plan for it, please stay tuned!

Thanks

John
Schatz
level0

Postby Schatz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi,

I always downloaded the current version from Introversion Website with my forum account.
Is it possible to get a copy of the game after the migration?

Best regards
sh20000sh
level0

Postby sh20000sh » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 pm

I have account in paradox forum with same username. But I didn't bought this game via steam. Is it possible to merge my account?
SolidJuho
level0

Postby SolidJuho » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:44 am

What is going to happend build download page?

This: https://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonar ... uilds.html

I have been loving use this way of downloading my game rather than steam.
Is Paradox going to support this or do they just take it down. :(
BobDaBilda
level0

Postby BobDaBilda » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:27 am

I'm stunned by this move. I can't even imagine a good reason to sell off the PA IP. I won't cast aspersions about the buyers, but I really didn't want a game that doesn't come with Introversion leadership and support. I really wish this hadn't happened.
AztecUK
level1
level1

Postby AztecUK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:58 am

What happended here? such a great game! I am the author of latest Save Game Editor, link here [url]https://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=61079
[/url]

I got my copy via Steam but do wonder what happens to people who bought direct?

Return to “General”