Please fix the bookshelf once and for all :)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Frag2000
level0

Please fix the bookshelf once and for all :)

Postby Frag2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:23 am

Hi guys,

I like to build prison that are well balanced and that create individual that can be released to the society. One of the issue that haunt me is the constant LITERACY need of all the prisoners. I know that they can access the library and such after the basic foundation course.

However, the bookshelf item does nothing else than raising the cell quality.

The prisoner should be able to fulfill his literacy need if he has a bookshelf in his cell. Why it is still not working? Is it for game balance? Worse case, the bookshelf would only fulfill literacy need if a library is accessible to the prisoner.

What do you guys think?

I love this game and it is the last bug that REALLY annoy me. I cannot control that need whatsoever, even with bookshelves everywhere. Prisoner never use it.
lorarose
level0

Re: Please fix the bookshelf once and for all :)

Postby lorarose » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:16 pm

I build a library and staff it via prison labor with a handful of unfortunate souls, then place bookshelves throughout my prison.

I know I see prisoners sitting in the canteen or their cells reading books, but I haven't camped a bookshelf to see if they actually go up to it to get a book.

After the library is built and staffed, I have no issues with literacy needs.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: Please fix the bookshelf once and for all :)

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:01 am

lorarose wrote:After the library is built and staffed, I have no issues with literacy needs.

The problem that many players have with the existing system is that you can ONLY staff the library with prisoners who have passed the foundation education program, which takes time. Sometimes even twice as log as the program, because sometimes not a single prisoner passes due to low concentration values because their needs are unsatisfied, one of them being the very literacy it is supposed to reduce in the end.

Return to “General”