A more realistic looking prison.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

adamsaldana
level0

A more realistic looking prison.

Postby adamsaldana » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:37 pm

]So have been playing prison architect on console (Xbox) for a while now and have currently sold my latest prison for around 7 million. However for my new prison I want to make a more realistic looking prison opposed to a more efficient one.

I understand that some of the prison will become more visual than functional but I want to know peoples ideas on what they do with their own prisons to give it more of a realistic feel.

For example I always add a lobby to the front of the prison before the reception and filled it with sofas and vending machines even tho I detail it as a staff only area so prisoners don’t hangout in it and like to have multiple reception desks and file cabinets even tho they are not required.

I am not worried about the prison being efficient (money making) cause I have funds saved that I don’t mind losing.
UC browser SHAREit MX player
SGTFunyoun
level0

Re: A more realistic looking prison.

Postby SGTFunyoun » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:07 am

adamsaldana wrote:For example I always add a lobby to the front of the prison before the reception and filled it with sofas and vending machines even tho I detail it as a staff only area so prisoners don’t hangout in it and like to have multiple reception desks and file cabinets even tho they are not required.

UC browser SHAREit MX player

I totally agree! I want an official room known as LOBBY. I also want to see glass and cell bar walls, these would increase visibility inside a cell when a staff member walks past it. Introversion really has nonidea how the inside of a real prison works.

You don't put POOL TABLES inside the cells of criminals!

... for example.

I would like to see Tarmac and other material surfaces. The abiliy to paint the floor or use different colored tiles. I want the ability to build a helicopter pad area and airplane landingnstrip for flying in new prisoners and dropping in emergency service personnel. I WANT THE ABILITY TO MAKE ROADS ACTUALLY WORK!!! I want to be able to build a road throuh my supermax prison blocks and have the bus drop them off where I want them. I want the guards to have the abiliy to drive little trucks or even four wheelers to areas. I want fire extinguishers and medical kits so I can place them and guards and other staff cna grab them and fight fires and heal themselves and whatnot.

I want swat teams, armed to the teeth, that I can call in to disperse really powerful riots. I want the SWAT to have bomb robots, rifles, machine guns, grenades, etcetera... you know... like REALITY. This game seems like it is set somewhere between 1950 and 2029... wih technology stuck with a mishmash of both times. I want the ability to specifically tell civilians where to go and not to go. I want the abiliy for the civilians and families coming in for visitation to be searched for contraband.

I want the HOLDING CELL to actually act like an actual holding cell, instead of just another, mostly unused, cell. Holding cells are in JAILS for holding DUI's in the drunk tank temporarily. Holding cells are in PRISONS for temporarily holding prisoners on their way to trial and such. In other words, the movement of prisoners outside of the prison, for remote work details and court for example, and then coming back when they are done with that or they are convicted finally. I want to see short term prisoners show up for 24 hours, and get put in the holding cell or drunk tank, giving the holding cell its actual intended use like it is in real life.

I want the ability to have a mixed gender prison if I want it. I want the ability to have gender specific prison guards working in certain areas if need be... like in a Women's prison, there are certain areas where ONLY female guards are allowed for purposes of human decency.

I also want the ability to designate an area to EXCLUDE certain categories of NPC's. Like staff only areas need to be STAFF ONLY... as in civilians cannot be there. i want the ability for an area to be staff and civilians only, like the lobby idea for example would exclude everyone but civilians and staff. Or for example an area for me to let low sec and medium sec only into an area. Or for example, if I build an area, with a yard and its own canteen and kitchen, for juuuust Protected inmates... I need the abiliy to force protected inmates to STAY in that area only, and NEVER come out of their area, as they are excluded from everywhere else. I want the ability to do this, WITHOUT having to permanently lock tyem in their cells... which is a stupidly built mechanic as it is TOO strong.

I want Introversion Software to get an ACTUAL EXPERT to tell them how a jail and a prison (two VERY different things) actually operate and function.

Seriously... you want prisoners in tour Prison Architect to be treated like kings and queens. I want the option of forcing the to work, of outting them into hard labor prison for example. But no... you want prissy, weak, typical french and swedish prisons.

Return to “General”