Spritesheet Downscaled Error at game launch

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

BLANKA
level0

Spritesheet Downscaled Error at game launch

Postby BLANKA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi all, i've been experiencing issues with this game for like the last year. I gave up trying to play it some time ago, but I recently reinstalled Win10 and decided to give it a go. The same problem I was having continues...

When I launch the game, it switches my screen resolution from native 1920x1080 to what looks like maybe 800x600, everything is extremely low-res, and then it displays an error message indicating "Spritesheet Downscaled" and it says it may be due to limitations of my graphics card or too many mods. It does not allow me to change the screen resolution from the game menu.

My PC Specs:
Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5
16GB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot (issue remained the same):
-Fresh install of game on fresh install of Windows (via Steam)
-Verified integrity of game cache via Steam
-Disconnected 2nd & 3rd monitors
-Launched the game as Admin
-Launched the game in Win7 Compatibility mode
-Launched the game in Safe Mode
-Launched the game from a New User Profile in Windows
-Checked NVidia control panel - confirmed "DSR - Factors" and "DSR - Smoothness" are both set to OFF.
-Ensured latest video card drivers are installed

The last time I tried troubleshooting this problem i spent all day combing for solutions. I have emailed Introversion about the problem but never received a response. I have even tweeted at them about it.

This game used to work flawlessly on the same setup when it was still pre-release. Ever since the final release it has been totally boned on my computer. I've done lots of searching and it seems like i'm not the only person experiencing this problem.

Please help me. Anything. I really miss playing Prison Architect - I was never able to complete "Mount St. Bastard State Penitentiary"...
greyman
level0

Re: Spritesheet Downscaled Error at game launch

Postby greyman » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:06 am

I just started experiencing this issue today after years of playing without problems, including multiple times over the last week and as recently as yesterday evening. Nothing on my PC has changed as far as I can tell - no hardware changes, no windows updates, no Prison Architect updates, and I don't use any mods so not a mod update.

I have an i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM & GTX 970. Dual monitor setup (technically triple with the TV but that's just a duplicate of main monitor) but I've had this setup for as long as I've been playing Prison Architect so I can't imagine it would suddenly become an issue?

Return to “General”