Saving Crash

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

th3awak3n1ng
level0

Saving Crash

Postby th3awak3n1ng » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Since the last update, the game crashes after about the 5th to 7th autosave. Size of prison doesn't matter. Before crashing, it sometimes completes the autosave, other times not. Anyone else have this problem and able to solve it or have suggestions aside from turning autosave off? Thanks.

Edit: Happens when manually saving as well. Combining autosaves with manual saves, around 5 to 7 saves before crashing. Autosave is set for 10 minutes.
NorbertDal
level0

Re: Saving Crash

Postby NorbertDal » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm

My game crashes straight after an autosave ocasionally too. I didn't notice any particular pattern why either. I'd appreciate a solution too. I tried reinstalling it but it didn't help.
Protoplaste
level0

Re: Saving Crash

Postby Protoplaste » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm

same here, I also noticed that the game keeps taking up more RAM over time, when it reaches over 3 GB the next save crashes the game, looks like a memory leak, hope they fix it soon the game is unplayable once you reach over 500 prisoners

edit: I tried the same prison on stable branch with no mods and it still happens, every save adds around 200 mb to RAM consumption and once it reaches around 3.5 GB the next save crashes the game

Issue ticket for this bug: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=11484

Return to “General”