Laundry and bed

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Roytulin
level1
level1

Laundry and bed

Postby Roytulin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:58 pm

I have recently encountered an inflexibility for which I have a few suggestions specific to each stage, any of which will fix the problem.

This arose from Superior Beds being coded not to be placeable. To sidestep the issue, I subscribed to a modded version of the Superior Bed. It would be nice if we could place those for our staff or best prisoners to enjoy.

The problem then became, laundry is not delievered to this modded 'comfortable bed'. I believe laundry only recognises certain object names to deliever to, namely the vanilla Bed and Bunk Bed. For this, a suggestion is to add a property 'LaundryTarget' to objects that causes laundry to deliever to it, instead of recognition by name; this would also allow the creation of more objects. Another suggestion would be to have the vanilla superior bed not only placeable but have laundry recognise it. Yet another would be to deliever laundry by cells instead of specific objects. Obviously the first suggestion offers more flexibility to the community to create more interesting things.

In an attempt to change this, I went into the game file production.txt hoping to duplicate the laundry code for this modded bed. However the laundry delievery behaviour (basket to bed) is not in that file, and after some searching on the Internet, I believe is hardcoded. Specific to this, the suggestion would be to transfer the laundry code into said text file so people who wish to manipulate it can do so.

During the last search in the game files that led me to conclude I cannot solve this on my own, I also came up with a more radical solution. That is to merge the hygiene and clothing needs, as I recognised the redundancy. However I also recognise this is likely to break older saves if implemented, and so would not push this.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to put your thoughts down. And if you're a developer, perhaps consider the suggestion a little? ;)
Roytulin
level1
level1

Re: Laundry and bed

Postby Roytulin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 am

Well, I guess it's not very busy around here...

Wish there was a better way of making development suggestions :-/
The Hell Fire
level0

Postby The Hell Fire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Copying and pasting the ingame code doesnt work well on modded and i dont have a very well mod creation experience on this game its better off if the mod maker gets a hand on this as hes gona be more likely to fix that other then doing it by ur self without knowlage of coding This place is not that used much maybe the dev forums are
The Hell Fire
level0

Postby The Hell Fire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm

And another problem with your request is Devs There is a chance they will look at this and maybe responde but thats very unlikely,
a serious problem with the game is what they are most looking for
The laundry system that has Ai behaviours pathfinding Etc. Are hardcoded which only the devs and skilled programmers can change i dont know if low amount of knowlage would work on try to fix it but i havent made a single mod on this game to know
As far as you can do
And if you found the game bible laundry thoughts u can actualy see how it works For a mod creator that has did 5 or 6 mods on this game it might seem easy for them as they would know where to go and how to intrucude that but Changing where the laundry goes and where should it go to its gona require programming
Roytulin
level1
level1

Postby Roytulin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Well there are certain behaviour that are quite easy to introduce, for instance filling bookshelves outside of libraries, but laundry delievery does not seem to be among them.

I know it's a long shot but hey I'm just putting my thoughts on the Internet.

Return to “General”