New from steam, infinite medic-ward unconscious prisoner

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

dnthy8
level0

New from steam, infinite medic-ward unconscious prisoner

Postby dnthy8 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 am

I've been trying to learn the game and built up a prison only to have unconscious, shackled prisoners stuck on their beds forever. The two doctors repeatedly attempt to heal the prisoner but can't and leave everyone else untreated in the meantime. Hiring a new doctor would take care of the others until they treat the prisoner they get stuck on.

I've tried dismantling/dumping the medic bed and nothing happens. I even bulldozed the whole hospital and it still wouldn't resolve itself. I do get some 'too dangerous' messages. The janitor too, apparently wanted to clean up in the same area as the prisoner but can't. So the doctors/janitors wind up doing a humping dance where they bump into the prisoner non-stop while complaining of exhaustion. Tried hiring medic emergency services too, they all just did circle laps around the prisoner. Couldn't order them to move anywhere until I bulldozed the north side of the hospital. Is there any workarounds, perhaps with developer console? in case it happens again?
dnthy8
level0

Re: New from steam, infinite medic-ward unconscious prisoner

Postby dnthy8 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Looks like this bug is known for years and maybe a restart solves it?

Why not fix it? Having a newbie try your game and have it do this to them isn't a nice welcome. I can't believe that this is at all uncommon. You simply need a medical ward, and you'll run into it eventually (Facepalm)

Return to “General”