This staff room isn't a canteen.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

GibletHead2000
level0

This staff room isn't a canteen.

Postby GibletHead2000 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

This is also posted on the Steam forums, but this seems the better place. Sorry for x-posting.

The game updated today (I thought the update was just for beta users, but I'm definitely not subscribed to the beta - I've checked) and since then I have this problem:

I have a prison with one large canteen, and one large kitchen. Food distribution was going fine.

After I loaded my prison post-update, food is no longer delivered to my main canteen because the kitchen is trying to send it all to the staff room. Also, a load of prisoners are charging into the staff room at mealtimes, but can't do anything in there as there isn't the right equipment.

I set the staffroom to staff only and the prisoners don't go there any more, but the kitchen still isn't delivering to the main canteen. It's full of food that isn't going anywhere.

Looking at logistics, the staff room shows up as a canteen. I couldn't find a way in food logistics to tell the staff room to not receive food from anywhere.

If I remove the staff room food distribution starts working as expected again, but obviously I no longer have a staff room. Re-adding the staff room causes the problem to return.

Didn't realise what was going on at first... Only that my prisoners were all piling into the staff room. Set it to staff only, and gradually things were getting more and more heated until I realised that nobody was getting anything to eat.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version, if there's no workaround?
dirtymurk
level0

Re: This staff room isn't a canteen.

Postby dirtymurk » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:21 am

Yeah it seems everyone is having this problem. Anyone know if there is a fix?

edit: until there is a fix I suggest doing as so. Create the staff room and leave it in operation until prisoners need to eat. When eating time arrives, delete the staff room. Add it back later and voila
GibletHead2000
level0

Postby GibletHead2000 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:20 am

One other thing I'm considering but I haven't tried it yet.

Delete existing staffroom. Remove a table and benches to make room for a drinks machine and chair in the main canteen, and designate it as the staff room.

Not sure if the staff will like it though.
Cerudo
level0

Postby Cerudo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:32 pm

I've got the same issue.

The best solution I've come up with is if you get Micromanagement unlocked then you can designate which canteen each prisoner cell block eats at. Right click the staffroom to get rid of that one and then left click to add in the cells.

You'll be stuck with that red warning saying that there are 'No Prisoners Assigned to this Canteen' and such, but at least they're being fed and will stay out of your staffroom. I just hope the bug gets worked out soon.
Hooody
level0

Postby Hooody » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm having the exact same problem, the staffroom keeps getting this thing that says "there are no prisoners assigned to this canteen" when its a staffroom!!!
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:52 pm

I updated the Steam default build with a fix for this today. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
Sanderfreak
level0

Postby Sanderfreak » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi,

New here. Enoy the game. I'm still having this issue.

- Sanders
steviegee900
level0

Postby steviegee900 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi,
Yeah I'm still having this issue across my entire prison. I completely understand that it's a bug and that it's probably being addressed, just thought I'd say the fix previously posted doesn't seem to have solved it.

Still a big fan of this game since I saw it at EGX a few years ago :)
karembeu
level0

Postby karembeu » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:46 pm

So the red error message still displays, but the staffroom runs as normal? I dont get any inmates going in there, so I guess that's a good thing!

~ karembeu
Guinea
level0

Postby Guinea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Last edited by Guinea on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeremylyric
level0

Postby jeremylyric » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:43 pm

I really wanted to go back to the previous version as it is less complicated....

http://www.thebaltimoremovers.com
Robeleahy
level0

Postby Robeleahy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Not sure if I had the same problem but we will see and I think I found a fix

Problem:

Staffroom gave a red error message saying (paraphrasing) there is no kitchens available for this canteen

Fix:

Build a small Staff only Kitchen nearby in staff only zoning, one prisoners wont try to access (luckily I was building a new prison and have no prisoners yet when I discovered the problem). my Tiny Kitchen will be added near the Storage area of a Staff hall way much similar to what you see in the iron fort design. right near the staff room. when I did this the error message went away.

I believe the error was caused because the Staff room requires a vending machine and the vending machine is what now requires the kitchen to provide food and treats the staffroom as a canteen.
lowew79
level0

Postby lowew79 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:31 am

Still a bug as of October 17, 2017 even though I did not participate in the staff needs Beta. Somehow I got staff needs installed anyway, and now this bug exists. Staff room seems to count as a canteen?

Return to “General”