Prisoners do not eat

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

FTR
level1
level1

Prisoners do not eat

Postby FTR » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:53 pm

My prisoners refuse eat, am I doing something wrong?

I don't wanna to report bug right away becuase most of the time it's just my fuckup. But this time I have no idea what's wrong. They just arrive in canteen at eat hours but just stay there doing nothing while food is staying on the serving tables. Only some individual prisoners actaully eat, but it's like 1% or less, most of them stay hungry in canteen.

Screenshot
HeroFV
level2
level2

Re: Prisoners do not eat

Postby HeroFV » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:13 am

Yeah, I'm not sure. All the things I can think of seem to be covered in your ss. They are IN the canteen so regime is in order. They have need. There's food out so you seem to have enough cooks, kitchen is connected to canteen in logistics, etc. Their other needs don't seem too out of control.

Was it working before? What have you changed since it stopped working?
HeroFV
level2
level2

Postby HeroFV » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:20 am

Try de-zoning the whole area and re-zoning your whole kitchen and canteen area. That might fix it.

Edit: If that doesn't work, see if you have any food ingredients in a storage area and get rid of them all. I found a thread claiming that's fixed a similar issue. They even mentioned re-zoning their storage area in doing so. Not sure if the re-zoning the storage would matter.
StormPoet
level1
level1

Postby StormPoet » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:54 am

You can also check under logistics > Food Distribution to make sure that the food is being distributed to all the right areas. There should be a Yellow line from the Kitchen to the Canteen and red lines from the Canteen to each section of cells in your prison. I don't think it matters if they are solid or dotted lines as long as they are there it should be fine. If you have more than one area you need to use the shift or alt key to link multiple areas to the canteen,iirc.

Return to “General”