Is this really the main forum?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

nibelung44
level1
level1

Is this really the main forum?

Postby nibelung44 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:40 am

I'm surprised by the rather low activity of the PA forum (and I include the subforum for registered members, that I check too). The game was launched officially in October, so got an influx of newcomers. It is supposed to have passed the 2 millions mark, copies wise... So forum should be busting with activity!

I know of so many forum for much more confidential games that have dozens of new posts a day, here it seems almost dead.
Kodasa
level1
level1

Re: Is this really the main forum?

Postby Kodasa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:45 am

nibelung44 wrote:I'm surprised by the rather low activity of the PA forum (and I include the subforum for registered members, that I check too). The game was launched officially in October, so got an influx of newcomers. It is supposed to have passed the 2 millions mark, copies wise... So forum should be busting with activity!

I know of so many forum for much more confidential games that have dozens of new posts a day, here it seems almost dead.

You know I echo that sentiment. It feels like this forum is really quiet for an official forum. I used to moderate for Supercell (Makes of Clash of Clans and Boom Beach and such) on their official forum and it was considerably busier. It's a sad day when a mobile gaming forum is busier than a PC game one. I also don't think I've seen the developers in this forum ONCE and I haven't seen the moderator (NBJEFF) post once either. This is despite the devs saying they use the forum in their update videos.
goodvibesman
level1
level1

Postby goodvibesman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:14 am

What's also not helping is that this forum is also split between the General board and the Community Members board.
NBJeff
level1
level1

Postby NBJeff » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:20 pm

It truly is unfortunate the such a great game like PA doesn't' have the following that it really does deserve.
But I guess the low traffic on these forums is simply a numbers game unfortunately.

Comparatively +260,000 users of these forums VS the +24 million Clash of Clan players (I don't know the number of users on the CoC forums...)
5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz
level1
level1

Postby 5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:38 pm

NBJeff wrote:It truly is unfortunate the such a great game like PA doesn't' have the following that it really does deserve.
Completely agree.
nibelung44
level1
level1

Postby nibelung44 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Extended early access also probably means a big spread of active players over 3 years or so, if you get what I mean. e.g at a given time, there is not a bunch of people with questions or comments.
NBJeff
level1
level1

Postby NBJeff » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:00 pm

nibelung44 wrote:Extended early access also probably means a big spread of active players over 3 years or so, if you get what I mean. e.g at a given time, there is not a bunch of people with questions or comments.

True. A lot of posts tend to be what people would like to see implemented next.
5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz
level1
level1

Postby 5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:07 pm

NBJeff wrote:True. A lot of posts tend to be what people would like to see implemented next.
In my first day of posting here, which actually has only been for a few days I've already posted like 5 or 6 suggestions. ;) Plenty of things still to suggest and implement.
Kodasa
level1
level1

Postby Kodasa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:03 pm

The Supercell forums represented a very small margin of actual Supercell players. Only about 900,000 something users when I was last there, that may have increased now with the launch of Clash Royale but still a very small minority compared to the amount of players. The Supercell forums also had a problem with spam accounts cropping up and I guess you could call the other one desertion. people who make an account for one or two posts then bail.

I've also used this forum as a medium to post suggestions because to the best of my knowledge that's what forums are for. Even if I'm not expecting the Devs to see it, to listen to it, or to put it in the game, I am at least putting it out as food for thought among a group of peers. That's always what I've known forums to be for.

I don't even know how to access the registered community members board. Considering as far as I know I registered an account here on the website and am a member of the community. I registered at the link provided, and I do not have access to the community members board.
Last edited by Kodasa on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
07onur
level1
level1

Postby 07onur » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Everyone uses steam?
NBJeff
level1
level1

Postby NBJeff » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:38 pm

07onur wrote:Everyone uses steam?

Thats true! That Steam community page for PA is pretty active...
murgh
level2
level2

Postby murgh » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Perhaps put a sticky topic on Steam with a link to the official forums over here? Seems like a lot of steam users don't know this forum exists, since same questions are asked over and over again on Steam.
seesaw
level2
level2

Postby seesaw » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:21 pm

murgh wrote:Perhaps put a sticky topic on Steam with a link to the official forums over here? Seems like a lot of steam users don't know this forum exists, since same questions are asked over and over again on Steam.

I made a topic saying the same, but also including the wikis. There are some common questions answered again and again which are in the wiki. Also there are some common issues asked again and again which I think they should go in a faq. For example, the "no canteen" problem, is almost a daily post about that.

Return to “General”