Blocked Areas

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

temuxx
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:34 pm

Blocked Areas

Postby temuxx » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:44 pm

So i think i have encountered a bug. I cannot change anything in specific areas i called them blocked area because the building tool calls them also blocked areas. I cannot dismantle, bulldoze or clear anything in these blocked areas even rooms cannot be erased. These areas are marked red in every tool. Has someone encountered this and has a solution? I encountered these problem in two different savegames. The first one with a yard surrouned by walls and in the second one these areas were just normals cells in a prison block.

Note: This has nothing to do with the fog of war. I have sight of these areas. Also its a new game with update 5b so a corrupted savegame also not the reason.
Kodasa
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby Kodasa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:05 pm

temuxx wrote:So i think i have encountered a bug. I cannot change anything in specific areas i called them blocked area because the building tool calls them also blocked areas. I cannot dismantle, bulldoze or clear anything in these blocked areas even rooms cannot be erased. These areas are marked red in every tool. Has someone encountered this and has a solution? I encountered these problem in two different savegames. The first one with a yard surrouned by walls and in the second one these areas were just normals cells in a prison block.

Note: This has nothing to do with the fog of war. I have sight of these areas. Also its a new game with update 5b so a corrupted savegame also not the reason.


You're not doing the story mode are you? Most of the stuff in the story mode is blocked to you because you're only able to expand off of it and not able to demolish it.

If you're not doing the story then I have no idea, even if there is no access to the room you can usually still erase the room designation its self.
temuxx
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby temuxx » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Thanks for the reply! No i am not playing the story mode just normal sandbox.
07onur
level1
level1
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby 07onur » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Maybe you should upload your save file or some screenshots?

Areas that are not accessible can cause problems. Addition to that, a save&load may help.
seesaw
level2
level2
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby seesaw » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 pm

i dont know about the yard, but the cells blocked could be caused because that cell is owned by a gang member. gang member cells cant be modified by the player, you have to move him to another cell.

anyway, better upload the saves so we can check.

edit: now i just remembered, territories captured by gangs cant be modified either. i think thats your whole problem. go to intelligence and check it yourself. here is some more info:
http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/index.php/Gangs
Kodasa
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby Kodasa » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:33 am

seesaw wrote:i dont know about the yard, but the cells blocked could be caused because that cell is owned by a gang member. gang member cells cant be modified by the player, you have to move him to another cell.

anyway, better upload the saves so we can check.

edit: now i just remembered, territories captured by gangs cant be modified either. i think thats your whole problem. go to intelligence and check it yourself. here is some more info:
http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/index.php/Gangs


Ah of course. I haven't played with gangs yet, so I was like... I forgot them capturing territory was a thing.
temuxx
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby temuxx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks for the replies! You were right. The areas are occupied by gangs. I didn't know that this is even possible. So case closed :) THANKS!
Kodasa
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby Kodasa » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 pm

temuxx wrote:Thanks for the replies! You were right. The areas are occupied by gangs. I didn't know that this is even possible. So case closed :) THANKS!


Now it's time to muster up those guards for some forced eviction.
seesaw
level2
level2
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby seesaw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:26 pm

Kodasa wrote:
temuxx wrote:Thanks for the replies! You were right. The areas are occupied by gangs. I didn't know that this is even possible. So case closed :) THANKS!


Now it's time to muster up those guards for some forced eviction.


i dont play with gangs... and if i played with them i would come up with a mod to put gang members in permanent solitary. its my fkkn prison and no fkkn body is going to take any areas from it. and poor of those who try...

in fact now that i said it might try this approach, i like it and its seems fun. its sad i cant mod :(

--- A while after...

Okay I have been thinking about gangs over 2 minutes and I came up with another fun solution!!!!

1. Create a super max wing with an opening that leads directly outside with a remote door.
2. Place all the gang members In super max. (this would need a mod that auto designs them)
3, Set a door timer that at sleep time will open all cells and the remote door, and thus opening that wing to the outside.
4. Make the path difficult and place snipers and armed guards around it.
5. SHOW TIME

And since Im lazy the method is automatic. The only problem is to assign gang members to supermax but that would be a trivial mod, which I also cant make.
Kodasa
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby Kodasa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:45 am

seesaw wrote:i dont play with gangs... and if i played with them i would come up with a mod to put gang members in permanent solitary. its my fkkn prison and no fkkn body is going to take any areas from it. and poor of those who try...

in fact now that i said it might try this approach, i like it and its seems fun. its sad i cant mod :(

You do know that there is a "permanent punishments" research under the legal tree (The Lawyer) which allows you to put prisoners in permanent lockdown or permanent solitary right? You don't need a mod. Gang members, if you get on top of them quickly enough, do not accumulate very fast. Things don't pick up until you see a gang leader enter your prison, and at that point, you throw them straight into super max or solitary or whatever. Manually designating the prisoners is very easy when there is only a few.

seesaw wrote:
--- A while after...

Okay I have been thinking about gangs over 2 minutes and I came up with another fun solution!!!!

1. Create a super max wing with an opening that leads directly outside with a remote door.
2. Place all the gang members In super max. (this would need a mod that auto designs them)
3, Set a door timer that at sleep time will open all cells and the remote door, and thus opening that wing to the outside.
4. Make the path difficult and place snipers and armed guards around it.
5. SHOW TIME

And since Im lazy the method is automatic. The only problem is to assign gang members to supermax but that would be a trivial mod, which I also cant make.


You could make a death gauntlet that costs a lot and really drains your prisons funds. Or you shove them into a cell, then remove the door and replace it with a wall. Trapping them there until they inevitably starve to death. Giving you a much slower death climb as they die slowly, and meaning you don't take a massive Criminal negligence hit for it.

See, I'd prefer to design a special wing, that we call the "Gang" wing. I'd build airlocks leading to each cell block, and manually assign different gang members to a different cell block. Then during the day time, after they had gone without eating for... a day or two, and were very cagey. I'd open all the airlock doors, sealing up the main chamber with remote doors, and then I'd watch on the CCTV as all the different gang members tried to claim the territory of the canteen or common room (Depending on what I put in the middle);. All of the guards would be conveniently locked outside the area and unable to respond to the violence. If it causes a riot... well oh dear. I'll have to send in the armed guards for cleanup won't I. Freefire will be well and truly on.
seesaw
level2
level2
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby seesaw » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:10 am

Here it is:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0F55F25EA/

I had to set the doors to locked open, it seems that the door timer set to open doesnt work for them to escape.
Kodasa
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby Kodasa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm

seesaw wrote:Here it is:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0F55F25EA/

I had to set the doors to locked open, it seems that the door timer set to open doesnt work for them to escape.


Now add mines, Tesla suppression systems and other crazy mods to ensure they don't survive XD.
seesaw
level2
level2
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Blocked Areas

Postby seesaw » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Kodasa wrote:
seesaw wrote:Here it is:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0F55F25EA/

I had to set the doors to locked open, it seems that the door timer set to open doesnt work for them to escape.


Now add mines, Tesla suppression systems and other crazy mods to ensure they don't survive XD.


No, what I need is a gang sorter that puts gang members automatically in super max to make this carnage automated XD

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests