PA slightly stuttering recently (Feb 2016)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

lowew79
level0

PA slightly stuttering recently (Feb 2016)

Postby lowew79 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 am

Hello!

I had a bad memory stick so I made some upgrades to my gaming PC. I went rom 16 GB of RAM to 32 (overkill I know) and went from a 680 GTX to a ASUS 98 GTXti STRIX. Before the ram went bad PA ran fantastically. After changing the RAM and GPU, it still runs well with one minor caveat:

Every couple of minutes during gameplay everything on screen will freeze, only for a second, then everything continues fine afterwards. This isn't a game breaker at all, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect my enjoyment of the game.

Is there something I'm missing? It seems like it should run better, not worse on my tuned up PC.

I'm not sure if this is due to hardware changes or the latest patch/update of the game. I hadn't played in while even before my PC had its issues.

Is it possible to have TO MUCH ram? Maybe my processor (i7-3770 quad core 3.5 GHZ) is stumbling trying to address all that memory? I don't know, I'm not much of a PC guy when it comes to troubleshooting things like this, so I'm just spit balling.

Thnks for a great game, and for any advice on solving this minor issue.
JasonMM555
level0

Re: PA slightly stuttering recently (Feb 2016)

Postby JasonMM555 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:55 am

It might be the auto save. The game pauses for a few seconds to complete the save each time the auto save kicks in. It should say Auto Saving" in the center of the screen when that's happening, but that text-over is a bit subtle so easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

Return to “General”