Feature suggestion: fruit trees and forestry labor

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

seesaw
level2
level2

Feature suggestion: fruit trees and forestry labor

Postby seesaw » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:38 am

Hi, this suggestion is from someone from the steam forums. The idea is that fruit trees are planted and you can get fruits of them, being fruits a new type of food, and you could use the fruits to either export or use them as ingredients, reducing the ingredient cost.

To further support this, prisoners could work in forestry.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: Feature suggestion: fruit trees and forestry labor

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 am

Prisoners DO work in the forestry in a limited manner already: The guys who are assigned to the workshop pick up logs from the forestry and bring them to the workshop or to Export if they have access to it.

I agree that they should also be able to plant the tree saplings, but as for the cutting down of trees, I don't really want to hand out axes to my inmates, do you? ;)
Mikeldiablo
level2
level2

Postby Mikeldiablo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:55 pm

VoiD88 wrote:Prisoners DO work in the forestry in a limited manner already: The guys who are assigned to the workshop pick up logs from the forestry and bring them to the workshop or to Export if they have access to it.

I agree that they should also be able to plant the tree saplings, but as for the cutting down of trees, I don't really want to hand out axes to my inmates, do you? ;)

Learnt the reason you lock the Forestry area in Escape mode. Just stroll in, find an axe and go on a rampage or get a shovel and dig your way out.
seesaw
level2
level2

Postby seesaw » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:16 pm

VoiD88 wrote:Prisoners DO work in the forestry in a limited manner already: The guys who are assigned to the workshop pick up logs from the forestry and bring them to the workshop or to Export if they have access to it.

I have heard this very same reason somewhere else when I suggested the same forestry labor. But the thing is... You already have prisoners working in the kitchen with knifes and working in the workshop with drills and a ton of things. Just do the same in the forestry, put a metal detector in the entrance. Also prisoners working in forestry could help to clean the outdoors of the prison like gardeners.

Return to “General”