Console Version to improve PC version?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

yodahome
level0

Console Version to improve PC version?

Postby yodahome » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi there!

I was just wondering: Since the release of a version of PA for consoles has been announced, will improvements (mainly regarding controls via gamepad or maybe UI changes I presume) make their way to the PC version? Atm I think playing PA e.g. in Steam Big Picture Mode with Gamepad is kind of hard compared to keyboard and mouse (may be only my opinion). Just curious.
dareddevil7
level1
level1

Re: Console Version to improve PC version?

Postby dareddevil7 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm

yodahome wrote:Hi there!

I was just wondering: Since the release of a version of PA for consoles has been announced, will improvements (mainly regarding controls via gamepad or maybe UI changes I presume) make their way to the PC version? Atm I think playing PA e.g. in Steam Big Picture Mode with Gamepad is kind of hard compared to keyboard and mouse (may be only my opinion). Just curious.

Like RTS's, management games like prison architect and rimworld are built around keyboard and mouse, so switching from that control scheme causes complications
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Related with the console version development, they said on Twitter "Double11 have totally re-worked the control system and interface. You'll be happy with the result." We can only speculate currently whether that applies to the PC version, too.

If you ask me to do so: When they reworked the interface for tablet (iOS/Andoid) use, afaik none of the improvements came to the PC, so while the game runs on your Windows tablet and some touch controls have been developed, you can't use them there. So I wouldn't bet much on the console interface coming to the PC either.
Dangerous-D
level1
level1

Postby Dangerous-D » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Maybe it's just me but as it stands I see no way to change controls on PC. Personally I don't need to but a friend has an AZERTY keyboard and the controls are awkward for him, in particular when trying to play Escape mode so he'd really benefit from being able to atleast rebind the different keys but as I say I can see no way to do this.
HellWatcher
level0

Postby HellWatcher » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:50 pm

I would like to point out that they did the update 3 video on a pc.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:55 am

Officially, I don't believe so, but based on some of their banter in the update video (Mark telling Chris he never liked the Bureaucracy screen comes to mind, although I suppose it may have been more a joke), I would hope they are considering polishing the UI and the controls. People have been requesting alternate keybindings/AZERTY support for ages now, and I personally think not including an actual title screen like the console version has with the launch version was rather perplexing.

Don't get me wrong, the inclusion of guard towers/snipers and secure visitation booths is very welcome (finally an end to new threads suggesting guard towers!), but I can't help but feel very jealous of that lovely title screen. :P

Return to “General”