The saddest gang leader ever.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

AlKaPwn
level1
level1

The saddest gang leader ever.

Postby AlKaPwn » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:31 am

I was really excited to finally see gangs in action as last patch having a gang leader come to your prison was rarer than a shiny pokemon, but today I got the saddest gang leader in the history of the world. Two of his many traits were "ex-guard" and "cop killer" so every time he would try to recruit people they would just start murdering him before he could do anything, and if my guards saved him then they would murder him. The gang was never able to grow or do anything and i tried like 9 times to save him from dying because I wanted to see gangs so bad, but I couldn't put him in protective custody because everyone would start getting pissy. This seems like a very silly oversight, having a gang leader that has negative traits that just make everyone in the entire prison murder him to death. Definitely one of the biggest let downs since that shitty amazon sale.
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Re: The saddest gang leader ever.

Postby Darkrious1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Had a Legendary gang leader show up, he recruited like 4 people, then made a beeline for the exit. It wasn't even that vulnerable with like 2 doors and 2 road gates separating him from freedom. He killed a guard, took his keys and ran. I caught it just in time to put the prison on lockdown making his newly acquired keys useless, which caused him to kill 6 more of my guards and unfortunately for him a dog handler before he was knocked out and cuffed. I say unfortunately because he killed the handler without killing the dog, so the dog just chewed him up to bits and killed him, and he couldn't do a thing about it. You'd think that even for a legendary, a gang leader would actually be less likely to want to escape as he would want to control and expand his gang, but apparently not. To be fair I think he had the violate trait which likely increased the chance of him kicking off and wanting to escape even though he was in my prison a few short hours.

With the new update it is completely random who is a gang leader and what traits they get. I got one that wanted nothing to do with my prison and tried to leave and fast, while you got one that probably should of been placed in PC, which would limit his recruiting options quite a bit. I find it better to just 'cheat' the leaders in by editing the save file, that way you know you''ll get a gang leader for each gang, and can pick ones that are tougher, non-PC traits, and perhaps less likely to kick off for no reason. But the randomness on the same token can make things more interesting...
sandman1967
level0

Postby sandman1967 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:35 pm

I got a legendary gang leader in my prison and he recruited 9 gang members. Then one of his gang members ended up in solitary and I recruited him as confidential informant. He gave me some info on prisoners having forbidden stuff in their cells. Next day my gang leader murdered him, his own gangmate, and after that the gangleader was no longer part of the gang. Anyone had expierence with this ?
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Postby Darkrious1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:00 pm

sandman1967 wrote:I got a legendary gang leader in my prison and he recruited 9 gang members. Then one of his gang members ended up in solitary and I recruited him as confidential informant. He gave me some info on prisoners having forbidden stuff in their cells. Next day my gang leader murdered him, his own gangmate, and after that the gangleader was no longer part of the gang. Anyone had expierence with this ?

Not with leaders, but I have seen it with soldiers and lieutenants. Tends to happen if a riot kicks off with it seems normal 'gang rules' go out the window. Very easy to replicate in Escape Mode as well. Only seems to kick inmates from gangs if they actually 'Kill' a gang member. Seems that just attacking them isn't enough in most cases. The fact it happens to leaders as well is a bit surprising, especially considering leaders are supposed to be the 'good models' and behave in order to avoid getting in trouble, fights, or risking themselves. Devs might want to have a look of how the AI for gang leaders work, as well as the AI for other gang members to decrease their chances of 'turning' on their gang and attacking another member, especially during big brawls and riots where punches and shanks are flying all over the place, it can be difficult to tell friend from foe. Same is true in real life prison fights as well. So this shouldn't be eliminated, just tweaked so that it happens less often and every gang member gets a 'freebie' e.i allowed to kill (accidentally of course) 1 (one) gang member during a riot or fight in which other prisoners are involved (more then a few) then kick them if they kill enough gang member within a period of time like say a few days before resetting. Devs had said of course that the AI for gangs is far from complete, and many more features and tweaks will be performed over various updates.

Return to “General”