Is there a way to let a ex`volatile Legend be released?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

zhengdk
level0

Is there a way to let a ex`volatile Legend be released?

Postby zhengdk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Actually I haven't seen a Legend without ex`volatile reputation.

They just can't stop making troubles even if I make them a palace to live and satisfy all their needs. They can hardly be in peaceful in any 3-days, and then easily commit murders which can add tens of years sentences to their prison career. And the speed they get new sentences will be much faster than time passes, making their years increased from 20 to hundreds. And the only way to stop it is to kill them...
Murnaxis
level0

Re: Is there a way to let a ex`volatile Legend be released?

Postby Murnaxis » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:51 pm

As far as I'm aware, it's impossible to stop the loop unless you block them in with no escape (e.g 2000 hour solitary) and they starve, either that or an aging feature would be nice.
Mikeldiablo
level2
level2

Postby Mikeldiablo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:01 pm

What set of reps does he have? If he doesn't have stoical AND fearless, you should be able to keep him suppressed. If he is both, you might have to kill him.
sandman1967
level0

Postby sandman1967 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:06 pm

I also had trouble with two legendary prisoners who were constantly attacking and killing staff members. I have build a supermax block and assigned them to supermax. Putting them on permanent lockdown or permanent solitary won't help because they aren't handcuffed and they start destroying things and, again, trigger fights.

So I have put them on 24h lockdown and clicked that button a couple of times. Now they are handcuffed and won't cause any trouble anymore. Guards will bring bowls of food to their cells now and then. Every three days or so I reclick the 24h lockdown button a few times again so I make sure they remain cuffed for the rest of their stay. Trouble solved. Only a few prisoners are repeatingly aggressive so it isn't much work to do.

I wonder why permanent lockdown doesn't get the prisoner handcuffed, Introversion should look after this.
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Postby Darkrious1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:42 pm

While it still involves killing them, there's always the 'Escape Cell'. Build a cell just on the edge of your prison with no wall blocking there way to freedom and use a standard door as the door, not jail door. Assign tons of armed guards near the cell and then have the troublesome prisoner moved to his new cell. Then active 'Free Fire' and and then wait. Soon enough he'll kick off again and punch through the cell door and try to make his way to freedom. He'll be be free alright, but probably not the kind of freedom he was bargaining for. Cruel, but effective. If you want to keep them alive, your best bet is the lockdown option, but it requires remembering to do it everyday, though I think you can stack punishments so you could several days at a time by pressing it repetitively. Also make sure to use all remote and solitary doors in your supermax wing, remote better as if they get their hands on keys it won't help them very much as remote doors don't use keys. Keeps him trapped and forced to fight his way to through the door, giving you time to amass your guards, dogs, and armed guards after him. There's also a mod where you can build blast doors which also don't use keys, but can only open via a logic circuit or something like that. It's much tougher then the solitary or remote doors and good at isolating your supermax wing from the rest of your prison. Supermax let alone Legendaries are like handing a nuclear power plant or a nuclear bomb, because in this game they are essentially this.
aidyn89
level1
level1

Postby aidyn89 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Darkrious1 wrote:While it still involves killing them, there's always the 'Escape Cell'. Build a cell just on the edge of your prison with no wall blocking there way to freedom and use a standard door as the door, not jail door. Assign tons of armed guards near the cell and then have the troublesome prisoner moved to his new cell. Then active 'Free Fire' and and then wait. Soon enough he'll kick off again and punch through the cell door and try to make his way to freedom. He'll be be free alright, but probably not the kind of freedom he was bargaining for. Cruel, but effective.

What would be the use of killing him at this point? An escape and a death both carries the same penalty, but trying to kill him will cost much more, as you need to pay for those armed guards. Plus, if he's lucky, it is not impossible for him to kill some before either dying or managing to escape, especially if he has either version of Deadly, which would cause an even greater penalty. So what I suggest is to do this, but without the armed guards. Just let him go.
LeeLooMultiSpas
level0

Postby LeeLooMultiSpas » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 am

I sort of end up here in forums, after my legendary eincounter.

While it's sort of fun idea to add ”legendary” mean prisoners in the game, I will let my next one loose. And when I say it, I think that there is something fundamentally wrong in those prisoners.

No I didn't try to bribe my legendary at private pool tables or TV:s I didn't have time to it, and it's prison after all.

At first I tried to move him at my supermax block, but that didn't end well. If 514years of sentence is not a thing you are looking for. And practically every time he woke up, (from sleep or unconscious) every guard dropped they gun, and died away. And same time whole prison went nuts.

So how to get rid of thing that I can't handle? I got electric chair, but it's for common murderers nod a legendary ones? So I end up shotgun approach. Every time he wake up, I kept free fire on my armed guards. But at the beginning all they managed to do, was kill all other super max customers due random gunfire. So I decommissioned that blocks kitchen, but it was too slow or ineffective.

Second thing I need to do was sack all my doctors, those things was always too late to help my guards but was only healing legendary evildoer... And now things got ugly. Does this thing bleed out? No he regenerates??? So If it was taser that subdued him, he healed, so I need to swap them at armed guards only, and if shotgun shot wasn't perfect he healed more during unconscious that I was able to damage him. So I end up save and load to guarantee that he was getting appropriate amount of shotgun damage, and after around half a dozen cycles he was finally dead.

So at my point of view this stats to be somewhat game breaking feature. And I suggest that those things are tweaked during future patch.

Here is some of my suggestions. Of course not all of them fit in game together, but some of them will make it more “Inline in the rest of the game”

Legendary perk pool?
That not all perks are EXTREME, but only few of them, and rest are just normal?

Death row
Well we got it in game, so how do you get in it? If you are totally unable to live in any kind of man known society?

Regeneration
Just why? It fights against reality, but it also fights against game mechanic that everyone else needs a doctor.

Return to “General”