One way doors

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Skavies
level0

One way doors

Postby Skavies » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:19 pm

I've been having problems with contraband (I know, join the club) especially from family visits. I tried posting a guard dog and metal detector in the entrance to catch it, and that's when I noticed that when a guard dog is posted at the entrance to a room, the dog will sniff any prisoner entering, but not the ones leaving since they were already checked for contraband. (oh and they don't check visitors, so the prisoners can get stuff free without any chance to detect them)

I tried making the prisoners path find to limited success by having them do morning things on one side of the visitation room, then do afternoon things on the other so they were more likely to enter one side and exit the other. Then I could use timed deployment to park a dog on the most likely exit, but I thought some one way doors would just make this and a lot of other pathing issues (Families entering through the kitchen delivery door, not the main entrance) and other annoyances go away if I could make non-staff only go one way though certain areas. ( set the kitchen delivery as out only, so family can't get in that way, and have a in only door behind it so they can't get out, then lock them both open forcing them to use the doors I want them to. (having staff doors only let staff through, not just open).
Brento666
level3
level3

Re: One way doors

Postby Brento666 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:08 pm

It would be fun to try and write a script for blocking (rerouting) exits (for visitors and prisoners separately) and marking others as entry/exit routes...
-I would not alter the doors, but I would make placeble zones, enforced only when they are manned by a guard. Maybe a 3x3 zone in a hallway or over a door, the guard would post and people would be visibly 'sent back'...

-It only works when manned, that's fair, (if It'd work in the first place, I haven't build anything like it yet)...
But who knows maybe me or someone else here will find time to try :D
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:39 am

Already exists. Put down a pressure plate and connect it to a remote door, with a door servo (I forget if only regular doors need them?)

Only people entering from that side, in theory, should be able to enter. Depends on how the AI works, I suppose. Worth a try, at least.
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:06 am

1st: technically the contraband is generated in rhe room and not brought in by visitors.

2nd: the prisoners get stuck at the remote door until it will be opened.

Return to “General”