Postby benpowerman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:04 am

a real prisoner from state prison review prison architect
http://venturebeat.com/2015/10/06/we-as ... architect/
SITHDUKE
level1
level1

Re: A real prisoner reviews Prison Architect

Postby SITHDUKE » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:48 pm

That was a pretty interesting read, thanks for posting. I was a bit disappointed the two of them couldn't figure out how to connect power lines, lol. But he's right about the Sofa and Lamp being very deadly in the right hands. I think a special prisoner trait like "Resourceful" or something could turn ordinary objects into weapons. But there are always sacrifices in realism for gameplay.
dareddevil7
level1
level1

Postby dareddevil7 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:16 pm

SITHDUKE wrote:That was a pretty interesting read, thanks for posting. I was a bit disappointed the two of them couldn't figure out how to connect power lines, lol. But he's right about the Sofa and Lamp being very deadly in the right hands. I think a special prisoner trait like "Resourceful" or something could turn ordinary objects into weapons. But there are always sacrifices in realism for gameplay.

I think that resourceful is a trait not a reputation, and already in the files
Turnspike
level1
level1

Postby Turnspike » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:27 pm

That was great! And definitely a few ideas in there for the devs
Kilyle
level1
level1

Postby Kilyle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:04 am

I'm glad to hear the perspective of a person who's gone through that. There are so many details that I'm glad I have no reason to know firsthand, and yet they are reality for a couple million people in the U.S. alone. Little things that I would never have thought of.

Now you've got me wondering how difficult it would be to create a sofa out of a metal structure (welded to the floor or something) with non-flammable, non-rippable material. And also whether having constant light (and constant surveillance, for that matter) contributes to the mental/emotional instability of the prison population.

Return to “General”