Missing movement control features

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Inge Jones
level2
level2

Missing movement control features

Postby Inge Jones » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:12 am

A real prison has things at its disposal to help keep prisoners apart that we don't have. For instance, a real prison could have prisoners all in one security category yet still be able to seperate them into blocks so that known troublemakers are kept apart. The idea that started where you assign certain cell blocks to certain canteens should be continued to all types of facilities such as showers, rec rooms, and even workshops.
aubergine18
level2
level2

Re: Missing movement control features

Postby aubergine18 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

You can do that already though? Just go in to security zones and choose security level, then click which rooms are for that security level.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 am

You're talking about seperation by security level only. In a real life prison you often only have one security level. The prisoners can be seperated into as many different blocks as the prison can make - each with their own eating and recreation area and work areas. We have this level of control on canteens but nothing else. I am saying we need to allow all facilities to be assignable to cell blocks. Then the player acting as governor can if he wishes watch the prisoners closely to see whether it's a good idea to seperate two prisoners to different blocks, just like officers would in real life.

To support this, there should be an optional mode for extra control where the player decides which cell any prisoner should be in, and the officers will not move prisoners automatically. I know not every player wants micromanagement, but it would be a nice option to have for those who do. It would actually make it even more a game of skill in prison management.
asomy
level1
level1

Postby asomy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:55 am

For a workaround, you can manually assign the security level to each prisoner. So you can separate them if you wish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, switching the level manually doesn't have any effect on prisoners.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Love it! So they kick off if they're unfairly placed in an inferior cell but they don't give a fig about being branded a dangerous risk when they're just in there for not paying a traffic fine :D

Though... weren't people saying that if you don't have enough of the right cell in one security level block, the officers move them to the wrong security level just to get the right cell?
Axe22
level1
level1

Postby Axe22 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:45 am

I control that by making pathways between areas that are locked by security level. So they may live in a shared block, but they must take different routes to move around. It isn't perfect, but it does keep them separated better. Also the regime is very useful in this respect cuz you can have one group locked up while another goes to eat etc.

Return to “General”