Why are the Workmen so independent?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

nggbo
level0

Why are the Workmen so independent?

Postby nggbo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Love the game, picked it up when v1.0 released, been watching videos of it from before then, but the workmen just seem really poorly done. 90% of the time my workmen just stand around storage/exports/deliveries and do nothing unless I place an object. There's no way to manually control one workman, and there's no way to control your exports whatsoever. My workshop is just full of wooden planks and logs that workmen don't bother putting on tables or moving to exports or anything, a little control would go a long way. I also wish that I could disable sheet metal imports since it's largely useless and just focus entirely on wood but I don't think there's an option to do so.
bobybojunior
level1
level1

Re: Why are the Workmen so independent?

Postby bobybojunior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:30 pm

nggbo wrote:Love the game, picked it up when v1.0 released, been watching videos of it from before then, but the workmen just seem really poorly done. 90% of the time my workmen just stand around storage/exports/deliveries and do nothing unless I place an object. There's no way to manually control one workman, and there's no way to control your exports whatsoever. My workshop is just full of wooden planks and logs that workmen don't bother putting on tables or moving to exports or anything, a little control would go a long way. I also wish that I could disable sheet metal imports since it's largely useless and just focus entirely on wood but I don't think there's an option to do so.

If you click on 1 workman and right click somewhere else, the workman will go there despite their being no line of navigation popping up. if theres something queued nearby, the workman will do whatever that is.

Return to “General”