Connected Sinks to Water Main, but not crossed out on TOdo

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

JCJeff
level0

Connected Sinks to Water Main, but not crossed out on TOdo

Postby JCJeff » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:21 pm

I'm at the part where I have to build a canteen and kitchen. I got everything done except for connecting my kitchen sink to the water main. It's so frustrating.
Here is a picture. The water icons are NOT blinking, and I have placed small pipes directly under the sinks, but on my Todo list it's still not crossed out. What am I doing wrong?
SLO - 101
level1
level1

Re: Connected Sinks to Water Main, but not crossed out on TO

Postby SLO - 101 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:29 pm

No tneceserly true but many it says work to dangerous and the workers dont wana do it because of the electrical cables. Try to reconect the pipes so it goes conects to the sinks from the back directly.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 pm

To me, it looks like you did the utilities part of it correctly. What might be the issue is the room itself. Go into the rooms menu, click on the kitchen, then click & drag the entire kitchen again. You might have missed a spot under the sinks.
JCJeff
level0

Postby JCJeff » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:15 pm

SLO - 101 wrote:No tneceserly true but many it says work to dangerous and the workers dont wana do it because of the electrical cables. Try to reconect the pipes so it goes conects to the sinks from the back directly.

I tried doing this, but still does not work:

RGeezy911 wrote:To me, it looks like you did the utilities part of it correctly. What might be the issue is the room itself. Go into the rooms menu, click on the kitchen, then click & drag the entire kitchen again. You might have missed a spot under the sinks.

I checked, the whole area is Kitchen. I tried adding pipe valves to toggle on/off the water, but the task is still not completed on the todo list.
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:25 pm

it looks like your sinks are standing outdoor, as the green area for the power grid doesnt include the sinks. Did you bulldoze there before? try do create a new fundament below your sinks and then remark it as kitchen.
JCJeff
level0

Postby JCJeff » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Trixi wrote:it looks like your sinks are standing outdoor, as the green area for the power grid doesnt include the sinks. Did you bulldoze there before? try do create a new fundament below your sinks and then remark it as kitchen.

Wow, thank you so much! That was the problem! I did what you said and it worked.

Return to “General”