More Objects?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

lobo_fl
level0

More Objects?

Postby lobo_fl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Ive been playing the game since Alpha 10 I think. Every Alpha building a new prison to check out the new features. The one thing I have to say that has really made me bored playing is the lack of objects. Anybody else thinking the same thing? Much like the Sims, I enjoy the design aspects of the game rather then just functionality. Is there any plans of adding more objects to the set or are we stuck with just this? Ie basketball hoops for the yard, indoor plants, bunkbeds, stuff like that.
YMS
level1
level1

Re: More Objects?

Postby YMS » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:14 pm

As the developers tend to not tell the public what they are planning to do, probably nobody can answer you the "are there any plans" question.

However, adding additional objects is a thing that can be done by mods easily. So if you want a mod that adds some purely decorative objects, you just need some graphics skills and a few hours of time. If you want to add objects that actually have a purpose, some programming is needed, too, but it can still be done with mods, usually.

(Personally, I kind of agree with you. I wonder why there are like 20 different floor types but hardly any decorative objects, even though it's a prison and you won't find a potted plant and some nice fountain in every hallway or yard in a real prison. What bugs me more is the number of different rooms. To run a successful prison, you basically need them all, while a real prison architect would have to decide from a large variety of different facilities and types of them, which one to choose. But that's also subject to modding.)
Parker22
level2
level2

Re: More Objects?

Postby Parker22 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Theres loads of mods for this sort of thing.

The game has just been released technically speaking, so its strange to feel bored by it already.

But remember, you have been playing it for 2 years already.....in alpha

Return to “General”