How far can contraband be thrown through fences/walls?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

phoebustam
level0

How far can contraband be thrown through fences/walls?

Postby phoebustam » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:09 pm

So I have heard that contraband could be thrown through fences and perimeter walls by 10 meters, so I created some fences and perimeter walls for escape prevention and contraband prevention purposes, here are some pics:

As you can see, I have an outer fence on top and two perimeter wall below designed like the Great Wall of China, and the distance between the outer fence and the inner perimeter wall is 10 meters, but contrabands were still be able to throw through, so how should I calculate the 10 meters? Like... from which point to another?
ccll1
level1
level1

Re: How far can contraband be thrown through fences/walls?

Postby ccll1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:18 am

My impression is that fences don't really count when it comes to throwing contraband, which makes sense when you think of them as fences like the ones around your garden. People probably will just go over them and throw the stuff from within the fenced perimeter over the walls.

Try replacing the fences with walls.
Ketamine
level1
level1

Postby Ketamine » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 am

ccll1 wrote:Try replacing the fences with walls.

I'm guessing, but I don't think that will change anything.

I had a similar problem with the prison i'm currently playing, and I solved it by making the accessible area near the wall indoors instead of open (eg. build a foundation)..
ccll1
level1
level1

Postby ccll1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Ketamine wrote:

I had a similar problem with the prison i'm currently playing, and I solved it by making the accessible area near the wall indoors instead of open (eg. build a foundation)..

A roof certainly helps! ;-)
joachim83
level0

Postby joachim83 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:33 pm

I was on PA today and got my self some new prisoners i saw that one prisoner went like lets say 50-100 meters from the road i got some guards after him they searched him and he had some thing so yeh...
phoebustam
level0

Postby phoebustam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:31 pm

my temporary solution is that I made a fence inside that inner perimeter, sounds stupid but very effective. The next day I expanded my prison to the left, I made the outer fence and the inner perimeter wall distant at 11 meters, and that works as well.
phoebustam
level0

Postby phoebustam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Ketamine wrote:

so you meant contraband cannot throw through buildings? That makes sense, but it is expensive to do (cuz I'm gonna replace the concrete wall with perimeter wall anyway). If this does apply, I might save more spaces and neglect the 10-meter-rule because it does not bother me anymore.
WyDavies
level2
level2

Postby WyDavies » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

I think it is 10 metres (squares) not including the walls/fences. So you include them and you get 12 squares.

As some other people have pointed out - and I've put into effect in my current prison - instead of having unused space for those 12 squares, have all areas near the outer fence filled by buildings. Stuff can't be thrown into a building from outside. With a bit of planning you can make use of all the space and prevent things being thrown in.

It is a bit overboard with items being thrown over the walls. I made a mistake with placement and had a gap near the gates where inmates could get within 8 squares of the edge. Oh my god, so many inmates set off for that gap! Incredibly the guards were oblivious. It must have been some kind of heavy machinery firing items over the wall in order to supply all that contraband, and the guards didn't spot a thing :shock:

Return to “General”