Problematic stuff that might still be in the full game.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Hunter168
level0

Problematic stuff that might still be in the full game.

Postby Hunter168 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:45 am

I follow this game and I have sometimes the opportunity to play it for a while. I could play it this weekend and I must say I'm bothered by some aspects that most propably will make it in the full version...

1. Windows are still not fixed. (Facing sideways, they show only on one side of the wall.)
2. The bookshelf still doesn't help with any need.
3. TVs are still a one-person-use instead of multiple persons watching at the same TV. (Even better if they would sit down on seats to watch.)
4. There is still no outdoor variant of the pooltable object. (Would be unuseable after the first rain, how about a concrete ping-pong table or a small basketball court?)
5. There could be skylights to be used as windows in enclosed rooms.
6. Nothing happens (like alarmed guards) if missbehavior happens in front of CCTV.
7. CCTV can still look trough walls. (Not sure about that. Just read it but didn't play with fog on.)
8. There is still no indoor "fence" like bars. (Wall that guards can look trough.)
9. Finally. There is a shop front. So, where is the serving counter that we can place between the kitchen and the canteen?
10. Shopfront... Where is the contrabandfree visitation where they speak with phones from 2 sides of a glass wall?
11. So there is a shop now, but prisoners still can't use vending machines...
12. Why is there still no way to automatize tunneldetection? (not just yellow flag) It's like metaldetectors just marking prisoners and you need to give the search command by hand or nothing happens.
13. Metaldetectors still allign to walls and metaldetectors placed horizontally are still shifted a little left or right. (Looks weird.)
14. It's still not possible to lock doctors to specific infirmaries.
15. There's still no option to change what people not doing a job or attending class will do during workhours, they allways get freetime.

Yes, this is a good game and it has a nice approach, but it definitelly needs more polishing. And not another bugbash, but real beta and quality assurance.
As of what is known today there will be another alpha round (36) in september and than they will release the game in october... So just one month between the last alpha build and the full release? I don't think that is going to cut it for sufficient beta testing and fixing.

Currently it's like a game which has great potential, but than you see the first car floating in the air, run into a invisible wall that prevents you from walking in that totally accessible-looking street and than you enjoy a deep crafting system only to discover that it won't allow simple stuff like putting a silencer on a gun. Than you have some features you know that they could be easily automated, but the devs decided you have to do 10 additional kilcks per minute just for them to not ruin your game. With such stuff the game looks promising, but in the end it destroys that look with inconsistant or illogical stuff.
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Re: Problematic stuff that might still be in the full game.

Postby MMZ>Torak » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Hunter168 wrote:It's still not possible to lock doctors to specific infirmaries..

This one bugs me the most. :evil: :x

Return to “General”