[QUESTION] do old maps get all updated features?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

oliverjpo
level1
level1

[QUESTION] do old maps get all updated features?

Postby oliverjpo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:22 pm

ive had the same map from alpha 20 something and now playing on alpha 35 - however I've noticed certain features that have come out since and havent made an appearance in this map. For example drug overdosing - I started a new map and straight away overdosing became an issue - in my old map this feature just isn't there! Do the maps update with all the new features or do you need to create a new map to see these features?

thanks
fresh meat
level1
level1

Re: [QUESTION] do old maps get all updated features?

Postby fresh meat » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:32 pm

my best guess would be that none or very few of your old maps' prisoners have a drug addiction
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 pm

compare your first lines of the savegame and add the missing lines with "EnableXXX" to your old save.
WyDavies
level2
level2

Postby WyDavies » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:26 pm

The new features will function, but if there are new traits existing inmates won't have them. However, new inmates will.

The one exception is Gang Members. This is an option when starting a prison, so that will be disabled by default. There is a thread that explains how to enable gangs for existing prisons. It is late at night so I can't be arsed searching for it. You'll have to find it yourself unless I remember to update this post tomorrow (unlikely - I forget things I do at night. And during the day as well.)

Return to “General”