How to access developers forum?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

blueOrange
level0

How to access developers forum?

Postby blueOrange » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:33 am

Hi folks,
sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I do not see how i can access the developers forum.
I have a registered IVSoftware forum account but it wont let me access the developers forum.
(I bought game on steam)

I am also confused about why there are lots of posts on the general PA forum, since isnt everyone playing the "alpha" and thus isnt all that supposed to go in the 'developers' forum?
THANKS!
love the game and would like to participate a wee bit in the forums.
PS I did try to search on this and didnt see an answer.
openfire070
level0

Re: How to access developers forum?

Postby openfire070 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:03 am

same here, would like to see a fix soon *bumps devs*
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:27 am

You don't need a fix. You just have to read the sticky threads at the top of this general forum, particularly the first post in the one about this not being the Alpha Forum. That post contains detailed information on how to register your game and gaining access to the dev forum in the process.
vilifyingforce
level0

Postby vilifyingforce » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:45 pm

VoiD88 wrote:You don't need a fix. You just have to read the sticky threads at the top of this general forum, particularly the first post in the one about this not being the Alpha Forum. That post contains detailed information on how to register your game and gaining access to the dev forum in the process.

The first post does not contain any useful information at all. It does have 3 links that may lead to great information, but, since the 2 that lead where I want to go are blocked for me because I don't have required permissions that first post is useless.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:55 pm

One of the links on that page is to this support page. While that support page may not be exactly what you need, it does take you into IV's support system. If you bothered to do just a little bit of critical thinking and click the mouse a couple of times, you might find the main support page, or even an index of support pages regarding registration. Link to both of those pages can be found on the support page listed in the pinned topic. If you were to click the third link down, you would likely find what you need.

That being said, no one complaining about problems registering in this topic has explicitly stated what they have done (i.e. what links they followed; what they input; what version of the game they bought; and so on). Without that information, it is impossible to tell what isn't working for them, and it is quite possible that everyone here is having different issues. Hence the general advice to "read the sticky".

xander
vilifyingforce
level0

Postby vilifyingforce » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 pm

xander wrote:One of the links on that page is to this support page. While that support page may not be exactly what you need, it does take you into IV's support system. If you bothered to do just a little bit of critical thinking and click the mouse a couple of times, you might find the main support page, or even an index of support pages regarding registration. Link to both of those pages can be found on the support page listed in the pinned topic. If you were to click the third link down, you would likely find what you need.

That being said, no one complaining about problems registering in this topic has explicitly stated what they have done (i.e. what links they followed; what they input; what version of the game they bought; and so on). Without that information, it is impossible to tell what isn't working for them, and it is quite possible that everyone here is having different issues. Hence the general advice to "read the sticky".

xander

Wow, this is the help people get here? The Steam link is ambiguous at best, "Click here for instructions on registering a Steam key" doesn't mean much to me, and I did open it up to see if it would help and it led me to a question asking "I bought on Steam, how do I get to the forums?" Well since I'm already on the forums THAT certainly led to nowhere. Thanks for adding a ton of snark to what's obvious to me a bunch of noobs trying to get help with an indie game release and you two snarksharks taking the low road instead of just helping.

For all newbs that are stuck follow this link http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... ur-account

How hard would of it been to just post that link instead of being dinks? God people.

Return to “General”