[HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

daem0n
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 9:35 am

[HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby daem0n » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:31 pm

I have a prison with 300 inmates and about 100 have passed safety in the workshop but no one is interested in carpentry apprenticeship ... is there a solution? :(
User avatar
Freebo
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: York, England

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Freebo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:14 pm

No, this is listed on Mantis as a bug.
daem0n
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 9:35 am

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby daem0n » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Freebo wrote:No, this is listed on Mantis as a bug.


Ah ok thanks :)
RedTear
level2
level2
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby RedTear » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Freebo wrote:No, this is listed on Mantis as a bug.


It is? First time i hear about this, i did notice noone has been interested thus far, though maybe they wherent that satisfied in my yet young prison and not very long qualified for the workshop in general... Good to know.
User avatar
Freebo
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: York, England

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Freebo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:58 pm

RedTear wrote:
Freebo wrote:No, this is listed on Mantis as a bug.


It is? First time i hear about this, i did notice noone has been interested thus far, though maybe they wherent that satisfied in my yet young prison and not very long qualified for the workshop in general... Good to know.


Yup, can see the log here: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=9322

My prison before I sold it had over 200 days and over 200 prisoners and not one signed up.
RJenkos
level2
level2
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby RJenkos » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:16 pm

It's actually not a bug. It relates to how you run your prison. If you satisfy the prisoner needs, don't keep them fully suppressed and keep them reasonably happy they will sign up for all kinds of programs.

In my current prison i average about 250 prisoners and I have 6 making beds every day.

Post a save file of your prison and I guarantee I can get at least 1 to pass within a game week.
User avatar
Pogmothoin
level2
level2
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 5:13 am
Location: Cell Block H

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Pogmothoin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:36 pm

It is a bug, not a single prisoner has attended the carpentry program since alpha 34 hit, the only prisoners I have making beds are the ones who passed the course before in alpha 33.

I haven't changed anything major in my prison since 33 (certainly nothing in the workshops), and I've had over 100 people pass the course, but none have even shown an interest in alpha 34. Conversely I've had over 500 pass the workshop induction, and they still are.
User avatar
Freebo
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: York, England

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Freebo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:43 pm

RJenkos wrote:It's actually not a bug. It relates to how you run your prison. If you satisfy the prisoner needs, don't keep them fully suppressed and keep them reasonably happy they will sign up for all kinds of programs.

In my current prison i average about 250 prisoners and I have 6 making beds every day.

Post a save file of your prison and I guarantee I can get at least 1 to pass within a game week.


When did you start your prison? Pre or Post a34?
RJenkos
level2
level2
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby RJenkos » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:12 pm

I've done both. That's one thing I've never had an issue with.
User avatar
Freebo
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: York, England

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Freebo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:02 pm

RJenkos wrote:I've done both. That's one thing I've never had an issue with.


Well my prison at the moment has had over 200 people pass the Workshop safety course, and never have I had 1 interested in the Carpentry. I am on my 4th of 5th prison since 34 dropped and not had 1 ever interested. In 33 Carpentry was the backbone of every single prison.

There is no way this is working the same as in 33, if you have got it working in a 34 only prison then wow you're a miracle worker and the only one to do so thus far!
blackdwarf
level2
level2
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:54 am
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby blackdwarf » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:30 pm

I first got PA in alpha34a, through Steam.

My first prison was a small one, and I managed to get several carpenter apprentices. Didn't think anything about it.
Now, I sold that prison, and have a medium prison. I may have had one person show interest, but no attendees.

Maybe the conditions have to just right to get prisoners to sign up for this. But if so, I stumbled on those conditions on my first ever prison without even trying.

Maybe it's related to prison size? Or if you sold a prison previously? Or some other factor...
User avatar
Freebo
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: York, England

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Freebo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:43 pm

blackdwarf wrote:I first got PA in alpha34a, through Steam.

My first prison was a small one, and I managed to get several carpenter apprentices. Didn't think anything about it.
Now, I sold that prison, and have a medium prison. I may have had one person show interest, but no attendees.

Maybe the conditions have to just right to get prisoners to sign up for this. But if so, I stumbled on those conditions on my first ever prison without even trying.

Maybe it's related to prison size? Or if you sold a prison previously? Or some other factor...


Hmm, I'll have to have a play with a tiny prison which is perfect and see what happens. Fact is something has changed and has ruined it imo.
Trixi
level2
level2
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:22 am
Location: Ulm, Germany
Contact:

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Trixi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:32 pm

The key is the shop. The shop lowers the interests on the reform programs, cause prisoner love to work to get money for the shop. Now im at this point, that i closed my shop (removed the room mark) and let it stand till next update come. hopefully it will be better.
Geez3r
level0
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby Geez3r » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Trixi wrote:The key is the shop. The shop lowers the interests on the reform programs, cause prisoner love to work to get money for the shop. Now im at this point, that i closed my shop (removed the room mark) and let it stand till next update come. hopefully it will be better.


I can confirm this. As soon as I removed the shop I had people sign up for carpentry.
benpowerman
level2
level2
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:42 am

Re: [HELP] carpentry apprenticeship 0 interest

Postby benpowerman » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 pm

it the same with death row appeals

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests