Camera Zoom Speed With Keyboard

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Phaeleon
level0

Camera Zoom Speed With Keyboard

Postby Phaeleon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:38 pm

First of all, this is a great game. I played a few hours on my laptop while i was supposed to be working. :)

I have encountered a problem that may be unique to me. I have recently installed the game onto my desktop, which is a much faster machine then my lap top. My problem is, I do not use a mouse with a mouse wheel. I have not used one in about 15 years. As a result, I am dependent on the keyboard for all camera zoom functions (a trade off the I have learned to deal with over these years). In Prison Architect, however, the zoom function, on my system, is so fast that a tap of the button goes full zoom in and full zoom out. Even the slightest tap of the keyboard causes this. Which, renders the game nearly unplayable on my desktop.
Is there a way to change the zoom rate?
I have not seen a "controls" section in the main game menu. Nor, have I successfully found a way to change the rate in the .dat file (most likely due to my being too timid to mess with core files).
thank you in advance for your help.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Re: Camera Zoom Speed With Keyboard

Postby Pogmothoin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Zoom speed is a little twitchy, even with a mouse wheel.

I suggest adding a bug report on mantis, asking for an option or a tweak to the rate. I've no idea if there is a way to modify the game files, probably, but the average user shouldn't have to go to those lengths.

Return to “General”