I am a little confused by the shopping time.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

z422712086
level0

I am a little confused by the shopping time.

Postby z422712086 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:30 am

I find there is no worker in the shop when there is no prisoner at work, so in my prison, if a prisoner want to go shopping, so he need to leave his work and have a long adventure which may contains many kinds of doors and metal detectors, rivers, forest monsters.

It's really strange that they have to escape from the work and classes just to go shopping. so is there a vacation for shopping? :D
RedTear
level2
level2

Re: I am a little confused by the shopping time.

Postby RedTear » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:55 am

Not exactly. For most jobs, youll have more prisoners willing and able to take it then available jobs, so it wont be a problem. Qualified workers such as in the workshop might never get to shop as they might be permanently be required there, noone to replace them.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:20 pm

You'd have to have non-matching work regimes for two categories of prisoner, so that it was not possible for one prisoner to work all the hours the shop is open.
KirinFrost
level1
level1

Postby KirinFrost » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:12 pm

No wonder my prisoners arent buying anything...

I thought it was because their needs are generally fulfilled so there wasnt a need as well lol
Neddleson
level1
level1

Postby Neddleson » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Well my shop workers won't even man the shop front, I have 4 prisoners working there idly, with a regime that should have shoppers, I've tried everything and still none of my workers will man the shop front, and no shoppers whatsoever (despite all having loads of cash).
RedTear
level2
level2

Postby RedTear » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:12 am

Neddleson wrote:Well my shop workers won't even man the shop front, I have 4 prisoners working there idly, with a regime that should have shoppers, I've tried everything and still none of my workers will man the shop front, and no shoppers whatsoever (despite all having loads of cash).

This could be a bug.
There currently is a known bug.
The problem is the following: The wall you put the counter into actualy has to be part of the room. Go into deployment mode to see if it is.
Its a known bug and will be fixed, for now, check for it in deployment mode/build a new seperate building (which is what i did anyways, the yard seemed like a sensible place to put the shop to me.
z422712086
level0

Postby z422712086 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:06 am

Neddleson wrote:Well my shop workers won't even man the shop front, I have 4 prisoners working there idly, with a regime that should have shoppers, I've tried everything and still none of my workers will man the shop front, and no shoppers whatsoever (despite all having loads of cash).

I am not sure if it works to you, but I met the same problem, no one go shopping at first.

Then I saw someone commented: Put the "shop front "on the wall which is at the edge of room. It works for me.

Actually, they talked about it quite a lot, there may be some bugs here.
RedTear
level2
level2

Postby RedTear » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:48 pm

z422712086 wrote:

I am not sure if it works to you, but I met the same problem, no one go shopping at first.

Then I saw someone commented: Put the "shop front "on the wall which is at the edge of room.

Yes, there currently is a bug, the front has to be in a wall which actualy is part of the room while leading outside. If you go into deployment every wall is actualy part of one of the adjacent rooms.
Neddleson
level1
level1

Postby Neddleson » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:59 pm

I fixed the bug, I think it had something to do with the fact my shop was by my canteen, I moved the shop front from in between the shop and canteen wall to a wall facing outside with no rooms and now my prisoners can't stop spending :).

Return to “General”