Outdoor window issue

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Adenauer
level1
level1

Outdoor window issue

Postby Adenauer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:17 am

I'm having some trouble trying to meet the outdoor window requirements of cells.

My first 20 cells that I made for my prison during the start of the game can be seen here. The outdoor windows work perfectly fine for them
==========

This is my recently created cells to reach the target of 100 prisoners capacity. I don't know why the outdoor window requirements are not being met even though the design is the same :(
==========

I've tried using large windows as well, but it still does not meet the outdoor window requirements. :|
==========

This image shows the cells built at the start of the game. Between them is a one cell width gap with a perimeter wall closing the exposed end on the right. The outdoor windows work perfectly fine here.

I don't know what is wrong. :( I built the new cells by building the walls first, and then laid the foundation across the empty space so that my prisoners won't try to escape when the walls are slowly appearing and demolished accordingly as the foundation is built.
maxbrad124
level1
level1

Re: Outdoor window issue

Postby maxbrad124 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi,

Just to make sure I understand - you overbuilt your foundations to start with then bulldozed the foundations at the parts you wanted to be outdoors, right?

One thing that might have caused the error is that the land underneath the wall the windows are on is outside. Are you able to lay foundations over the wall then rebuild the wall ontop?

This might not be the issue but its the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Adenauer
level1
level1

Postby Adenauer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:14 am

maxbrad124 wrote:Hi,

Just to make sure I understand - you overbuilt your foundations to start with then bulldozed the foundations at the parts you wanted to be outdoors, right?

One thing that might have caused the error is that the land underneath the wall the windows are on is outside. Are you able to lay foundations over the wall then rebuild the wall ontop?

This might not be the issue but its the only thing I can think of at the moment.

No, I build the walls using the Wall tool, and then filled the space between the walls with the Foundation tool. I'll try rebuilding everything using just the Foundation tool.
Adenauer
level1
level1

Postby Adenauer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:33 am

maxbrad124 wrote:Hi,

You're right.. It has something to do with the way I built the cells. I fixed it by re-building the entire foundation, which luckily did not require any removal of anything at all aside from some walls. Thanks!

Return to “General”