First time seeing a fire

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

WyDavies
level2
level2

First time seeing a fire

Postby WyDavies » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:16 pm

I've had PA for well over a year and incredibly last night was the first time I had an inmate set fire to his cell.

It was in the middle of supermax going crazy (a Legendary who was also an instigator went into a tantrum because I wasn't letting him take drugs) and I suddenly spotted one guy was doing something weird to his bed. Then flames and chaos. It took some time to get it sorted, with the flames and the fighting and water everywhere from the fire hoses. And in the middle of it was one guy who slept through it all, even though the walls of his cell crumbled, for a few seconds his bed was on fire, then fighting spilled into his room, blood everywhere and a beaten up guy left in handcuffs just outside what used to be his cell.

I was left thinking that he would be mighty surprised when he finally woke up and looked around :lol:

edit: reviewing the footage (I had fraps running) it turned out that he did wake up, then wet himself and went back to sleep.
Dangerous-D
level1
level1

Re: First time seeing a fire

Postby Dangerous-D » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:33 pm

That was him trying to put out the fire

I've never seen a fire myself, hopefully you're able to rebuild from yours
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Dangerous-D wrote:That was him trying to put out the fire

I've never seen a fire myself, hopefully you're able to rebuild from yours

I've had fires before but never saw one happen until the other night.

It too was in Super Max. The prisoner was Stoical, Volatile, Skilled Fighter and had just been downgraded in his cell assignment for bad behavior. The instant he was dropped off in the new cell (I just happened to be looking and Super Max at the time), he was doing something in the middle of the floor. The next thing I know his cell is on fire. Now I have sprinklers in all my "below average" Super Max cells.
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Sprinklers are a very important object in the game :wink:
sim88
level2
level2

Postby sim88 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:18 am

I saw 2 fires for the first time ever, it was while I was still building my prison. I didn't realise what was happening as I had zoomed in and one of the fires nearly burnt 20% of the prison by the time I had it stopped... Now I know to add sprinklers...
peter.sorichetti
level0

Postby peter.sorichetti » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:02 am

Do yourself a favour. When a fire hits your prison, fire all the K9 dog handlers. Trust me. I had to stop playing for a while after I heard the dogs burning alive.
Freebo
level1
level1

Postby Freebo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 am

I had a fire once, killed 600 inmates trapped in the canteen.
Mikeldiablo
level2
level2

Postby Mikeldiablo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Nearly had one. My Supermax shower is right next to a room with the Death Row power station. I learnt the error and placed drains there. Close one. Would have been really expensive if one happened.

Return to “General”