Prisoners not moving into high graded cells

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

dizzibits
level0

Prisoners not moving into high graded cells

Postby dizzibits » Sat May 30, 2015 10:12 am

Hello,

I cannot view the developer forum so I thought I would post this here. I have built several 8, 9 and 10 graded cells with windows etc. However I have seen no prisoners be moved into them, despite having a number of "10" prisoners. Is this a bug?

Many thanks for any help. Also, could I view the dev forum?

dizzi
Threehorns
level3
level3

Re: Prisoners not moving into high graded cells

Postby Threehorns » Sat May 30, 2015 3:37 pm

for me it took about 1-2 game days for prisoners to be transferred.
The same also happend when a prisoner got downgraded from 10 to 0. It took a while, but he got transferred.
RedTear
level2
level2

Postby RedTear » Sat May 30, 2015 9:48 pm

In the meanwhile, its nice to see that this doesnt cause any problems if no cell of an appropriate grade is available - which cant really happen from being upgraded, it could but they should just stick to their previous cell from all ive seen - since they will sleep in solitary (or i guess a holding cell if you have one) until they behaved long enough to qualify for a new cell.
Vanilla_Donut
level0

Postby Vanilla_Donut » Sun May 31, 2015 1:51 am

It is hard to have them in the holding cell since they boot off easily unless you have 1 prisoner coming in a day. I experience that today and raged quit. Not all Prisoners using the shower head in the cells or other recreational items meaning you need to create a shower block and a common room. My danger level was at max everyday to the point it is too dangerous. I tried to make a all luxurious cells but that is impossible unless you have at least none and luxurious cells. I would recommend that they might change it that if no graded cells are available they should put it in a random cell, but this gives a purpose for the holding cell.
nicorevealed
level0

Postby nicorevealed » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 am

I have no strong proof, but I feel this new functionality is a bit buggy, I have a few prisoners with rating 10 that stay in their rating 3 cell even after several in-game days.

Despite a ton of maxed out rating 10 cells being available. Also I have quite a few rating 7 to 9 cells, that hardly being used, except for one prisoner with a rating of 3.
Vanilla_Donut
level0

Postby Vanilla_Donut » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:26 pm

nicorevealed wrote:I have no strong proof, but I feel this new functionality is a bit buggy, I have a few prisoners with rating 10 that stay in their rating 3 cell even after several in-game days.

Despite a ton of maxed out rating 10 cells being available. Also I have quite a few rating 7 to 9 cells, that hardly being used, except for one prisoner with a rating of 3.

What I found out is that they won't move to a cell of their grade but if you upgrade the cell they are in now it won't be a problem.
sargent kane
level0

Postby sargent kane » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:29 am

I'm having an issue where I'll have plenty of 2-3 level cells (and usually some more luxurious ones as well) but prisoners are being kept in holding cells while their beautiful home-away-from-homes are left vacant. Is this a common issue with others? Do you have to have 0-1 level cells always available because I would rather just give them the slightly nicer cell and leave it at that.
Mickey
level0

Postby Mickey » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:03 am

My new prison have only 10 grade cells, but all of my 30 prisoners prefer my overcrowded holding cells instead.
I guess we all have different perspectives and standars in life.
WyDavies
level2
level2

Postby WyDavies » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:20 pm

I've put a post in the developer forums - which you might not have access to - about trying to make sense of the logic behind inmate relocation. I have finally managed to see it in action (after having some guys rated for a rank 10 cell in rank 0 cells).
The relocation was all over the place. When you took the cell grading the game assigned them, the grading of the cell they were moved out of and the grading of the cell they were moved into and put it in a list it made absolutely zero sense.

It was like a random number generator said move prisoner X from cell A to cell B, repeat for 10 random inmates.

Return to “General”