Cells Private Shower

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

fattboi94
level0

Cells Private Shower

Postby fattboi94 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:57 am

How do you put a shower in a cell? Here's how I have my cells now, but the cells keep saying, need to be surrounded by walls. Please Help!!!!

Threehorns
level3
level3

Re: Cells Private Shower

Postby Threehorns » Sat May 30, 2015 3:58 am

I notice the floor patch at the Phone shows sign of previous tunneling .... did you remove all of the tunnel?
james122004
level1
level1

Postby james122004 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:39 am

don't mark under the shower as Shower zone, Leave it as cell zone, they will use the shower when they want in the cell
Vanilla_Donut
level0

Postby Vanilla_Donut » Sun May 31, 2015 2:04 am

james122004 wrote:don't mark under the shower as Shower zone, Leave it as cell zone, they will use the shower when they want in the cell

What I find is not all prisoners use the shower in their cells, which causes a need problem.
WyDavies
level2
level2

Postby WyDavies » Sun May 31, 2015 12:34 pm

The AI can be weird. My most recent prison has an inmate who both refuses to use the shower in his cell (not designated as a shower) and the shower room at the end of his block and travels half-way across the prison to use a tiny shower room. The guys on either side of him use the shower put in their room.

In the "cheap" rooms, there is an entire row of 10 inmates who travel a long way to use a shower room in another block, leaving the shower room in their block unused. The logic behind it? Christ knows.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun May 31, 2015 5:17 pm

Vanilla_Donut wrote:
james122004 wrote:don't mark under the shower as Shower zone, Leave it as cell zone, they will use the shower when they want in the cell

What I find is not all prisoners use the shower in their cells, which causes a need problem.

You have two options: either don't mark the cell under the shower as a "Shower" room, or create an enclosed space for the shower, with a door.

xander
_Thrawn
level0

Postby _Thrawn » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:59 am

when I put a shower in their cell i cant mark it as a shower since it then breaks the cell saying it needs enclosed walls. So I dont mark it as a shower. Now I can not label a time in the Regime for them to shower because there is no room labeled shower. Sometimes the prisoners will use the showers during free time and sometimes they dont, which is causing a riot due to hygiene need, even though there is a shower in every cell.

Is there a way to get the prisoners to shower during free time before their hygiene needs raise to high and they riot even though there are showers in every cell?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm

_Thrawn wrote:when I put a shower in their cell i cant mark it as a shower since it then breaks the cell saying it needs enclosed walls. So I dont mark it as a shower. Now I can not label a time in the Regime for them to shower because there is no room labeled shower. Sometimes the prisoners will use the showers during free time and sometimes they dont, which is causing a riot due to hygiene need, even though there is a shower in every cell.

Is there a way to get the prisoners to shower during free time before their hygiene needs raise to high and they riot even though there are showers in every cell?

As I said in the post *just* above yours, you can either (1) not designate the map square as a shower (as you have discovered), in which case prisoners will not use that shower during the "Shower" regime slot, or (2) you can build a separate enclosure for the shower, with a door that divides the shower from the rest of the cell. During freetime, prisoners will generally seek to satisfy needs that they cannot satisfy during other regime slots first, then go for other things.

xander
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi. I have zero shower zones in any of my prisons and they work fine. I usually just drop a shower head in the cell with a drain at the door. Works great for me
welchm2010
level0

Postby welchm2010 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:14 am

I had the same problem with adding an in cell shower to my Max-Death Row cells and my solution was to add a door making the shower two squares long. Solved my problem.
Leto2626
level1
level1

Postby Leto2626 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Showers in the yard for some reason seem to work as well. In this game a lot of practical logic should be thrown out of the window :D
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:16 pm

I think the shower in cell thing is due to be fixed in next update.

Return to “General”