Ingredients / Delivery Area / Storage

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jazzpirate
level1
level1

Ingredients / Delivery Area / Storage

Postby Jazzpirate » Mon May 25, 2015 1:58 pm

So, I've read in several places now, that it's a good idea to put a storage area near the kitchen, so the cooks don't have to walk as much.

...why? I've never seen it happen that ingredients are put in the storage area. They'll lie around in the delivery area until some cook comes and gets them; workers are idling nearby. So, what's the point of having a storage area (the only one, I might add) near the kitchen, if it's not used for anything kitchen related?
mattym1985
level0

Re: Ingredients / Delivery Area / Storage

Postby mattym1985 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:17 pm

you can have serveral storeage area's

I normally have a 5x5 by the kitchen area and then a large room near the deliveries area

once the prison is built i only have 10-15 works and i don't have a problem with food not getting delivered to the kitchen
NBJeff
level1
level1

Postby NBJeff » Mon May 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Honestly, I've never had too much of a holdup with letting the cooks do the leg work. Typically they get the supplies and the cooking on the go well in advance for meal times.
Jazzpirate
level1
level1

Postby Jazzpirate » Mon May 25, 2015 2:24 pm

mattym1985 wrote:you can have serveral storeage area's

I normally have a 5x5 by the kitchen area and then a large room near the deliveries area

once the prison is built i only have 10-15 works and i don't have a problem with food not getting delivered to the kitchen

well, I have one large storage area right at the center of my prison, directly next to the kitchen. However, none of the ingredients are ever delivered to the storage area - as mentioned, they stay in the delivery area (which is inconveniently far away of the kitchen) until a cook gets them. This is really slowing things down... :-/

Return to “General”