CCTV help

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

philmo
level0

CCTV help

Postby philmo » Wed May 20, 2015 9:32 am

A few questions I have seen different answers to:

1: Do CCTV make any difference when not using fog of war ? (makes sense if they did not)

2: Do you have to make one connection from monitor to camera, or also is a connection required from the camera to the monitor ?

3: What is the current number of camera's a monitor can handle - had read it is from 3 to 8 ?. I have connected just 3 from monitor to cameras. The connection lines stay red (and do not sequence with blue to show which camera is currently being monitored). But the warning triangle does disappear from the camera and they do move.

Simply put when NOT using fog of war do the CCTV cameras actually do anything >?

Thanks
NBJeff
level1
level1

Re: CCTV help

Postby NBJeff » Wed May 20, 2015 6:08 pm

1: I do not believe so. The CCTVs merely break the fog of war and if there is none, then they are just there for decoration.

2: Just the one connection from monitor to camera is required.

3: I'm not totally sure about this one for you...The colour doesn't cycle to indicate that it's being monitored, but the warning icon does disappear...strange...perhaps it means that no one was at the monitor at that moment to be watching???
philmo
level0

Postby philmo » Wed May 20, 2015 6:12 pm

NBJeff wrote:1: I do not believe so. The CCTVs merely break the fog of war and if there is none, then they are just there for decoration.

2: Just the one connection from monitor to camera is required.

3: I'm not totally sure about this one for you...The colour doesn't cycle to indicate that it's being monitored, but the warning icon does disappear...strange...perhaps it means that no one was at the monitor at that moment to be watching???

thanks - I thought regarding point 3 that the post was not populated by a guard, but it was. Maybe just a bug.
HeroBiX
level0

Postby HeroBiX » Wed May 20, 2015 9:48 pm

What I know is that you need to have a guard to sit there if you want any use of the cameras at all.
james122004
level1
level1

Postby james122004 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:28 pm

8 Cameras can be connected to 1 CCTV montior,
once you connect more the 8 Cameras to 1 CCTV monitor the cameras start cycling through the said amount above 8 cameras

only the CCTV montior has to be connected to the camera, and the warning symbol disappears once the montior has been connected to the camera

red lines shows the camera is currently being monitored, blue lines show the camera is not in use,
either due to a guard not at the monitor or using above 8 cameras on 1 monitor and its cycling through cameras

Return to “General”