Workshop Induction/Carpentry

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

foreverska
level0

Workshop Induction/Carpentry

Postby foreverska » Thu May 14, 2015 7:16 am

Is there a way to run both these classes at once in a single work block? They seem to both use the foreman and I just hate to get tough on my well behaved minsec prison and make them work 6 hours a day just so I can run both classes.

Also what is a good way to clean up the tool problem associated with running a workshop? I've been handing down progressively harsher punishments for escape attempts and tools (Currently at 12h solitary) but I still get guys who think it's fun to take pickaxes. Plus it dooms my production for the day when 3 guys out of my 6 man crew is in solitary.
Ric666
level3
level3

Re: Workshop Induction/Carpentry

Postby Ric666 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:35 am

foreverska wrote:Is there a way to run both these classes at once in a single work block? They seem to both use the foreman and I just hate to get tough on my well behaved minsec prison and make them work 6 hours a day just so I can run both classes.

You've pretty much answered your own question there. We could do with being allowed 2 foremen so these classes could run in tandem in different workshops! :)

foreverska wrote:Also what is a good way to clean up the tool problem associated with running a workshop? I've been handing down progressively harsher punishments for escape attempts and tools (Currently at 12h solitary) but I still get guys who think it's fun to take pickaxes. Plus it dooms my production for the day when 3 guys out of my 6 man crew is in solitary.

Placing metal detectors at the entrance to the workshops can help. Having more guards patrolling may also deter them. I kinda accept it's part of the game and they will take stuff no matter what. I therefore don't come on them too harshly for taking a tool/weapon but thats just me :)
foreverska
level0

Postby foreverska » Fri May 15, 2015 4:17 am

Placing metal detectors at the entrance to the workshops can help. Having more guards patrolling may also deter them. I kinda accept it's part of the game and they will take stuff no matter what. I therefore don't come on them too harshly for taking a tool/weapon but thats just me

Yea I have three guards stationed in my workshop. I try to keep the jail at a 2:1 (prisoner:guard) for easy easy management but 2:1 in the 20 man shop would be nuts. I have metal detectors on the way out and at the entrance to every cell block so they get caught a lot. Even so on shakedowns I generally find 3-4 tools in a 100 man prison. Easy/Minsec prison with tazer gaurds there is zero violence so that part is solved but stupid prisoners keep trying to dig out. I've moved to either all cells or full shakedown every two days but man if I could just drop tool demand. I thought stiffer punishments might but no avail. Maybe if I could death row for stealing tools... lol
foreverska
level0

Postby foreverska » Sat May 16, 2015 5:45 am

Turns out weapon and tool demand is not just a part of the game. I beat them today, with kindness.

http://postimg.org/image/izwhoyjtx/

4x4 cells containing TVs and prayer mats, best food, zero lockup times, 6 hours freetime, 5 hours work. I still haven't kicked drug and luxuries but at worst that ends up in a bad reform rate. At 24 days I had a reoffend rate of mid 40% (normal sec). After cracking down a few times it dropped to low 30%. At 40 days I did an inspection and zero tunnels were found. In fact in the shakedown on day 40 zero tools were found. They didn't even show up on the shakedown bar. This little gem makes more in "days without incident" than all the other income combined.

Return to “General”